It's the weekend!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default It's the weekend!

What lovely weather we've got today. They said we were going to have a mini heatwave and, for once, they seem to have got it right! I don't think it's expected to last long so I'll make the most of it while it's here.

This morning I've been sorting the garden and sweeping up leaves. Despite it feeling like summer, it certainly looks more like Autumn with all the dead leaves on the ground!

Yesterday I went for a wander round town and visited all the charity shops. I ended up buying more books, which I don't need and which I keep saying I'm not going to buy, but I still do. I did see a few wooden bits I'd have bought, but only really one in each shop and I realised I had no cash on me. I didn't think they'd want me spending a pound on my card! I'll go again in a few weeks and make sure I've got cash on me.

This afternoon I've written and emailed my new term newsletter and now DH & I are off out for a walk....and coffee and cake! Then it'll be time for me to set up ready for work tomorrow. I had been starting at 9.30am on a Monday so I could set things up in the morning. Now I'm starting at 8am so I prefer it to be ready the night before, just in case I'm running late on a Monday morning

Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone.

2. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It's been a lovely weekend here too, we have been for some lovely walks with the dog. Yesterday we had lunch out with family, it was so lovely sitting out enjoying a meal in the sunshine.

This afternoon I had a quick change around in the playroom as I have the new little one starting properly this week so I have put some of the smaller stuff out of reach. I have been starting at 8am most mornings but tomorrow it's back to 7.45am and those extra 15 minutes make all the difference. On a positive note from this week I will be finishing a little earlier on a Friday
    Pixie Dust

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Yesterday we went for an absolutely stunning walk in an area I haven't been to before.

Today I went to meet my six siblings. We were having a meeting about my mum who has recently been diagnosed with dementia. It was quite heavy as you can imagine. I'm the only one who doesn't live close buy her and so I don't do anywhere near the amount of day to day stuff that they do, so I feel bad about that. Anyway, I'm back home now and am exhausted. I've got a glass of wine here and I'm falling asleep. Early night I think.

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah Maza sorry to hear that about your mother such a horrible illness. Don’t feel bad about not doing enough, sure your siblings understand.

6. Likes Maza liked this post