Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Thursday

Good morning everyone!

After a busy day yesterday, today is much quieter with just 1 child here. He was tired when he got here and has fallen asleep already. He normally has an afternoon nap but this will work out better as I've got a new starter coming for her second settling in visit this afternoon, so he'll be awake for them to play together. I'm looking forward to next week when I've got the new starters and term time only children back and we can get stuck into the some new activities.
    I realised yesterday that all my children will by under 3 years old. It's ages since I've had them all so young. I usually have at least a couple of 3 & 4 year olds as well. I've also realised I'll have 4 potty training at the same time, although luckily not all on the same day.

Have any of your children gone back to school today? I saw lots of 'back to school' photos on my social media this morning and I heard children passing the house this morning, so the school down the road must be open today. Most of the others seem to have taken today as an inset day and are going back tomorrow. DH and I have both got the day off tomorrow so we're hoping that wherever we go will be quieter if most of the children are back at school!

Enjoy your days everyone.

Registered Childminder since
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine have all gone back to school today and although I won’t be having any on Thursday I’m really missing them. The noise level yesterday was sometimes unbearable but we were all having great fun together. I used to hate going back to school when I was young and I think I feel they feel the same. I know they don’t as they all love school and will be back on Monday chattering away about new teachers, projects and friends.

3. Likes Dragonfly liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

One of mine started school today. Parent is going to bring her here after school to tell me all about it.

Mouse next week I’m going to have 3 under three. It’s hard work isn’t it? Got my term time only returning next week and a new one next week and new one following week..

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Gosh, you've all got quite a few new starters! I had three new starters in June and it was hard. It's a great feeling though when you realise that your routine is finally falling into place - I'm talking about the parents as well as children! I finally plucked up the courage to ask the pregnant mum what her plans are when she goes on maternity leave. Don't know why I stress over things like that, but I always have done. Anyway, they are staying, yippee. Not only are they a great family, but they are my only full time family. They want to talk to me about having the new baby soon and are wondering how young I take them. I haven't currently got space for the new baby yet though - but it isn't due until January anyway, and who knows what will happen before then. I don't really want a very young baby, but as I said, they are a great family to work with.

We made some bird feeders today, but I didn't get round to taking any photos. We're working towards an RSPB award and so I need photos as proof, so I'll have to reinact it at a later date!

DD went to school today, but only for a covid test. She was in and out. She starts back next week.

6. Likes Dragonfly liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Afternoon!

Our school isn't back until Monday so this last week is busy with my school ones plus the younger ones. I have had both my two new ones for visits this week too. I was looking at going back to one of our favourite outdoor groups from next week but on that day I will have 2 non walkers plus a 3 year old so I think at the moment it just won't work. I need to advertise my space that I know have but I think I may just wait a while and let the other new ones get settled first. It's the first time for a while that I am not full which financially isn't great but I think it will be good to be a little quiet for now.

My youngest is off on holiday with his dad tomorrow then he goes straight back to uni from there, it's been so lovely having him home. It will be quiet again without him here. DH is home on his 3 weeks off at the moment but he has taken to watching programs on his laptop with his headphones in very sociable maybe he will change now it's just the two off us!
    Pixie Dust

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good evening!

Busy days here.

Hope everyone has a good end of holidays.

Maza, you could take babe on under a 'variation' ( or whatever it is called now ) as you can take on a sibling.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I did wonder about a variation Loocyloo, but I'm not sure I could cope with that many, lol, especially seeing as it would include a young baby.

Pixie dust it's so lovely that you've enjoyed having your youngest home. Hope he has a lovely holiday.