It's the weekend!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default It's the weekend!

Not only is it the weekend, but it's a long bank holiday weekend...and the sun is shining

One of our sons has invited us for a family BBQ this evening so we'll be heading off there later. I think it'll probably be the last BBQ of the year. The evenings are getting just a little bit too cold for me to be sitting outside now. I need to nip to M&S first to get something nice for pudding. I would offer to make something, but to be honest, most of the family would prefer it if I bought something

Tomorrow DD has invited us round for Sunday dinner. If I play my cards right, I'm not going to have to cook all weekend

We haven't decide yet what we're going to do on Monday. After all the eating we'll be doing I think we'd probably better plan a nice long walk somewhere. If the weather stays good I think we'll head to the marina. If the weather's not so good I don't see anything wrong with a long walk round Ikea!

Enjoy your weekends everyone. Make the most of the extra day off and take it easy. Loocyloo, enjoy your theatre trip.

2. Likes loocyloo, Dragonfly liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Aww, Thanks Mouse!

and fingers crossed you don't have to cook at all this weekend!

I went for a walk with my friend and her dog and then other friends popped round with their dog. Just having a lazy day, although i keep thinking of 'work' jobs i need to do ready for the 'new' EYFS coming in! although, actually, nothing really needs changing; just putting a bit of blurb in my newsletter to say it has changed, and then i found i WHOLE LOAD of 'oral health' resources on childcare.co.uk, so I might add a bit about dentists/toothcare to my newsletter as well. i#ve also been getting all my 'start of academic year' stuff sorted; so new attendance register, making sure new children in medical file, all about me forms for everyone, permission to share info for my new schoolies ....

have fun everyone xx

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Mouse and loocyloo you have such lovely weekends planned!

Loocyloo, speaking of medical forms - do you keep all your bits (accident forms, existing injury forms) in one central folder, or in each child's individual folder? I'm sure it doesn't really matter, but is there a preferred way?

I've realised I need a clock for the playroom. We don't have a wall clock anymore because we use our mobiles or the tv/computer to tell the time, but that's not always doable when I'm with the children. Do you have clocks? It drove my mum mad when she came to visit.

I started watching The Handmaid's Tale last night. Has anyone watched it? It looks like it could be quite intriguing. I don't normally like twisted things.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    I've realised I need a clock for the playroom. We don't have a wall clock anymore because we use our mobiles or the tv/computer to tell the time, but that's not always doable when I'm with the children. Do you have clocks? It drove my mum mad when she came to visit.
    I do have a clock in the playroom and I use it a lot. I don't wear a watch and have rarely got my mobile near me when I'm indoors so it's the only place I look.

6. Likes Maza liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend...We haven't done a lot to be honest as the weather hasn't been great. Today our village had a table top sale so I went in search of dolls clothes as we don't really have many and the children do like changing the outfits. I did mange to pick up some so that was a success. We are hoping to go out tomorrow for a lovely long walk.

Maza ...I don't have a clock in my playroom but I do wear a watch.
    Pixie Dust

8. Likes Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have a clock in the kitchen which is off the playroom, so we use it alot.

I have a medical file with each child in, with all their medical forms, emergency contacts etc. I did try having them in with their contracts etc, but then, if I needed to fill a form in, I needed to have all their files to hand. At least if they are all in one file together, then it's ready and easy to use. I tend to keep it out with my attendance register.

Had a brilliant day ... but very very very long .... and we've walked miles and miles!

10. Likes Maza liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a clock in the playroom, kitchen and living room. And wear a watch.

12. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post