Good afternoon Thursday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good afternoon Thursday

This morning I had a new starter come for a settling visit. The few times I've seen him he has done nothing but scream, so I was expecting the same today. When he arrived, he came running in, pushed passed me to get to the toys and was the happiest little thing the whole time he was here. The only time he cried was when it was time to go home Mum & I were both very relieved so I'm hopeful for next week when he starts doing full days.

The other children are just having lunch now then we're off to the library. One of the children is finishing next week and this is the last day all the children will be together, so on the way home we're stopping in at the cafe for a hot chocolate. It was always one of her favourite things to do when we were out, but because of lockdowns we've haven't really been much for a long time.

This evening DH is going out so I've got a friend coming round for a catch up. She loves baking so is bringing cake. The perfect end to my working week

Enjoy the rest of your day.

2. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We've had a lovely morning. Only got two, so nice and manageable. One of the ones who comes today only comes once a week and she took a while to settle, so I was wondering if she would be back to square 1 after me being on holiday for two weeks. However, she was happy and calm. She's also started walking which meant I could get her out of the pushchair on our walk and give her some exercise (tire her out so that she would sleep). I know you can get crawlers out too, but it depends on where you are.

Pixie, you asked the other day what we have planned for DH's 50th in February. We don't have anything planned at all, but it will be nice to not be working on that day so that we can do something local. Even if we don't go anywhere at all it will still be nice to not be working, lol. My parents were all lovely about my holidays at half term and Christmas, bless them. I do stress myself out sometimes!

4. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It's the last day today for one of mine and they arrived with some cakes and a present plus a lovely card which had such a lovely message written inside. I had planned to go to the park but its raining here so we are having a n indoor party this afternoon!

It's great when new ones settle after their initial visits, I have one tomorrow for their second visit which hopefully will go better than the first as they were a little emotional plus mum said it was nap time so we have arranged this one for after nap time so fingers crossed. My other new one didn't turn up for the second visit which I had pencilled in and hasn't replied to any communication this week so I think I can safely say they are not coming.

Looking Forward to the long weekend....anyone have any plans ? I don't have plans but it's just nice to know it's a 3 day weekend.
    Pixie Dust

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Afternoon all.

We went for a walk this morning and spotted a heron. We also found an apple tree with lots of apples blown into the ground. The lady doing her garden next door said they were crab apples and very sour. So we collected some ( with permission ) to make crab apple jelly ... so we've chopped them up and I've boiled/ simmered them ...BUT ... they cooked in no time, and they don't taste sour ( as I tasted a bit before cooking ) ... so I think they are actually an eating apple! I also thought they were too big to be crab apples ( and it's really too early as well! ) ... so maybe we've just made warm apple water! Hey Ho ... Good practice for cutting skills!

I'm off to London with DD and her best friend on Sunday to see Hamilton but that's the only plan!

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm off to London with DD and her best friend on Sunday to see Hamilton but that's the only plan!
    Oh I am very jealous....I love musicals and there is something about going to London to watch a show.
    Pixie Dust

8. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie dust View Post
    Oh I am very jealous....I love musicals and there is something about going to London to watch a show.
    There is nothing like a West End show!

We went to see Jamie a few weeks ago, which was amazing and just wonderful to be back in the west end. Just wish it wasn't a 2 hr plus train trip!

10. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh loocyloo enjoy! I'm getting itchy feet for the theatre again.

We have no plans, but it's always lovely to have a lie in.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    There is nothing like a West End show!

We went to see Jamie a few weeks ago, which was amazing and just wonderful to be back in the west end. Just wish it wasn't a 2 hr plus train trip!
    It's about the same time from where I live....my friend and I have tickets booked for Moulin rouge in London next year. We are lucky as we have a lovely theatre about 45mins away where a lot of the big musicals and shows are normally on at some point.
    Pixie Dust

13. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie dust View Post
    It's about the same time from where I live....my friend and I have tickets booked for Moulin rouge in London next year. We are lucky as we have a lovely theatre about 45mins away where a lot of the big musicals and shows are normally on at some point.
    Our 'local' big theatre used to have loads of the touring shows, but doesn't seem to have the 'big ones' any more. The next closest is only about 1 hr 20 drive, and we do go, but I find they have nothing for months, then 3 shows one week after the other for 3 weeks, and always when we have no time to actually get across to watch!