Good morning Wednesday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Wednesday

Good morning everyone. What have you got planned for the day?

I was going to do a morning of craft in the garden, but I went out to set it all up and realised it's drizzling. It wouldn't be enough to stop us going outside, but it's too much to have paper and card set out on the table It's all ready in a box by the back door, so if the rain stops it's easy enough to take out with us. I'm sure I read in the news that we were due to have another heatwave this week. Either I misread it, or they got it wrong.

My new starter is here again today. She's done pretty well this week, although she cried on and off all through the day yesterday. It's not a really upset cry, more of a noisy squeal when she realises she's been quiet for a while! You can see she's desperate to play, but is stopping herself. You know when you try to hand them a toy and they keep their fists clenched tight shut so they can't hold it? She does relax as the day goes on so I've been able to take pictures of her playing to show her parents she's does have some happy time! I've got another new one coming for settling in sessions next week. I know he'll be a screamer so I've made sure they're not both here on the same day!

Who is it on here who watches Holby? Do you think it's gone downhill since they announced it's finishing next year? Maybe they're making it rubbish so we won't miss it when it's gone

Have good days everyone.

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Our morning started off nice and calm and orderly. Then, at about 10 when they usually start to get a bit bored, I knew it was time to got for a walk (or play in the garden, but DH is gardening today and there are some sharp tools out, so out of bounds today). Anyway, we had forgotten to unpack my new double last night in preparation for today, so we had to do it whilst they were all here. It took a bit longer than expected and they were all getting increasingly frustrated. Then, when you have a new buggy or high chair you have to alter the straps to make them fit the child - and that always takes me ages. Anyway, they all calmed down once we were out, and I have to say, the pushchair is like a dream! I love it. It was no problem at all pushing it one handed whilst holding a toddlers hand. It's the out'n'about.

Good luck with your new starters Mouse. Mine are generally settled now, but two play up at nap time. They're also here on separate days, thank goodness.

I had another enquiry last night from yet another parent wanting to take her little one out of nursery. I have probably had about 9 such requests in the last few months (including three which I did take on). A variety of nurseries, otherwise I would be a bit concerned if it was the same nursery each time. I'm wondering if it is a case of lockdown babies just finding nursery too overwhelming after being in isolation for a big chunk of their little lives.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good afternoon .. we went for a walk at a local lake and played in the beck this morning. Then an old mindee came to play (with mum) and we had lots of fun!
    Trying to tidy up as somehow ex mindee got every toy out they could! They did tidy up, but everything is everywhere!

It's been overcast all day, but not cold.

I've got my most recent new starter coming for a visit with mum tomorrow! She is termtime only, and only 14 mths ... and I don't think these 6 weeks off have helped at all! ... fully expecting to be starting from scratch again in September!

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Who is it on here who watches Holby? Do you think it's gone downhill since they announced it's finishing next year? Maybe they're making it rubbish so we won't miss it when it's gone
    I watch Holby and it's all gone a bit silly hasn't it? I am glad I am not the only one that thinks it's gone downhill as I was reading peoples comments yesterday saying how great it is at the moment but personally I think the storyline with Cameron is just ridiculous !

Maza that's great that you are getting lots of enquiries as it's been super quiet here, I have enough children to keep me busy but for the first time in a while I actually have spaces for under 5s.
    You know you are a childminder when you get excited about a new pushchair

We have spent most of the day out in the garden, we had a picnic lunch which the children loved even though it was a little chilly. Mouse you are right as I read somewhere about a heatwave but we haven't had that either. Tomorrow is the last day for one of mine so we will probably head over to the park for the afternoon as they love going there.
    Pixie Dust

5. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Pixie dust I was quiet for a good while. I was starting to get worried. It's just typical though isn't it that when you are full (or as full as you want to be) that you get lots of enquiries.

I still haven't been brave enough to ask the pregnant mum (she's 20 weeks now) whether she'll be reducing her hours when she goes on maternity leave.

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry Maza what double did you get? I’m getting enquires again, went quiet for a couple of months now enquires starting again.only have one space on one day though.

I think you should just ask your pregnant mum Maza if she is reducing hours or not sure she won’t mind .least your know either way. Having said that she’s only half way.

We had our heatwave today, very warm from late morning.expect it will be chilly tomorrow when I’ve planned a picnic .

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Dragonfly, it's an Out'n'about nipper double. It was in a sale - not sure if the sale is still on (Kiddie's Kingdom).

9. Likes Dragonfly liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie dust View Post
    I watch Holby and it's all gone a bit silly hasn't it? I am glad I am not the only one that thinks it's gone downhill as I was reading peoples comments yesterday saying how great it is at the moment but personally I think the storyline with Cameron is just ridiculous !

That storyline is just daft!

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

No work for me this week. Met up with a parent of children I used to care. Went for a lovely long walk with her and their dog over an disused golf course. Very sad to see it all over grown and the car park broken up and weeds everywhere. My partners son got married there a few years ago. A lot of houses were going to be built on it but plans were not agreed so it’s just gone to ruin. Hope you all had a good day

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh,welcome to the out n about club. Really like my double and single out n about

13. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Oh,welcome to the out n about club. Really like my double and single out n about
    Me too