Good morning Tuesday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Tuesday

I've got my new starter coming again today. She did really well yesterday, as long as I held her or sat her on my knee! She was really interested in what the other children were doing, so hopefully she'll start to get down and join in with them soon.

After a dull start to the day yesterday, it brightened up nicely and we had a lovely time in the garden. I'm hoping it'll do the same today. It's a bit cold and overcast at the moment so the sun just needs to hurry up and break through.

After all the children had gone home last night I nipped to Dunelm to get some of the plastic table cloth stuff. I want to cover a couple of tables the children use to play on, so wanted something quite plain. They had some wonderful bright coloured ones, but that wasn't what I wanted for the tables. Now I'm trying to think what else I could use them for though as some of them were lovely - cows, sloths, gnomes! I've used some of them on my tuff spot before (particularly the grass one), but I'm not sure how I'll incorporate cartoon cows into a tuff spot activity

Have good days everyone!

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

They sound fun Mouse.

It's overcast here but not cold. We've come out for a run around a local castle. And then maybe a picnic and then home to do ??? I have a few ideas, but I expect we'll do something different!

4. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Afternoon

We had a busy morning with a house full but now it's down to 2 and it's lovely and calm. The weather has been lovely so we have been out in the garden making 'tea' in the water tray as I found some teabags in the cupboard that DH wanted to try but doesn't like them so they have been played with now

Just out of curiosity Loocyloo what sort of car do you drive as I guess you have a larger one with the numbers of children you takeout, I am thinking about changing my car out soon and wondering what cars people have ...I currently have a 7 seater c max DH keeps saying about downsizing to a normal car as when I am not working there is just the two if us and the dog but I like having the option of taking everyone out in the car. We walk to and from school so it's only for outings.
    Pixie Dust

6. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have a Kia Carenz.

It is a 5 seater, but with 2 adult seats you can put up in the boot. The boot is a good size for 5 seats, tiny with 7 seats, but my single stroller fits in it! I used to have a VW touran, and before that a Toyota Verso. Both 5 seater with 2 adult seats in boot. I like that they feel and drive like a 'normal' car, without being too big but I can get 7 of us in if needed! I wouldn't want 7 adults in it ... that might be a squeeze!
    I prefer to walk school runs, and during termtime, having a little car would be fine, but in the holidays I would miss having the option of taking everyone out, as public transport is rare round here!

My dream vehicle is a mitsibushi L200 Barbarian ... but no good for work and I'm told, very thirsty! I just love them!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Our current song is '5 Green Bottles'. Today, we found lots of green things and filled up five clear plastic bottles. Every time we lined them up to sing the song, my dog came over and pushed them all over. He thought we were setting up a game for him. It was so funny, but the two year old was getting really cross and was incredulous at my dog's repeated brazen behaviour! He was desperate to sing the song!

I spent all of nap time making a couple of important phonecalls and being put on hold for ever and a day. I was so frustrated, but I'm so thankful we have this job - I don't know how I could have persisted with the phonecalls in a regular job.

9. Likes Dragonfly liked this post