Good morning Monday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  15
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Monday

It's back to work today after a lovely week off.

I've got a new starter coming this morning so I'm hoping she's as happy as she was during her settling in visits. One of the other children is on holiday for a couple of weeks, so it'll be a bit quieter for the new one while she gets herself settled in.

Does anyone else think these school holidays are going really quickly? What date do your schools go back? Our term starts on Thur 2nd Sept, although I think a lot of the schools are taking inset days and either returning on the Friday or Monday. What's happening with those of you who have got senior school children? Are they starting back as normal? Do they have to take covid tests before they go back? I'm really hopeful the schools can all get back to normal with no more closures or isolations.

What's everyone got planned for the week? The weather is looking a bit miserable so we'll probably be back to dodging showers! With it being so close to the end of the holidays we're just going to have lots of free play. I've got one child leaving next week so we'll do whatever she wants to - give her chance to do all her favourite activities before she heads off to school!

Have good days everyone. For those of you on holiday, enjoy your break.

2. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Afternoon! Just!

Our schools go back on 8th, so still 2 weeks to go. We've been out and about so much, that I think I'll still have craft activities left over from LAST summer weather is looking OK this week, dry, but not that warm, so we'll be off out! I like not having constraints of school runs!

No idea about having to do lateral flows etc once back at school/ college ... I'm sure someone will say something at some point! Primary school is returning to normal drop off/collection which is good.

I've got 2 leaving, and 1 going to fulltime school at the end of the holidays, and whilst I'd love to ask them what they'd like to do on their last day, I know that they'd ask to go to zoo, but as it would cost a small fortune ( as too old to go in free ), it's more than I'm prepared to pay! So will need to compile a list of possible activities and outings!

4. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Afternoon!

I had the little sibling of my one who is starting school visit this morning, the others all got a little excited with having a baby in the house and the poor thing found it all a bit overwhelming, hopefully the next visit will be a bit more relaxed. They will be visiting without their sibling next time as it all got a little emotional at one point as the older one realised they wouldn't be here when their sister starts properly as they will be in school.

Ours go back to school on the 6th but the new reception children don't start properly until the 17th, until then its half day visits/ stay for lunch etc it's so difficult for working parents to work around the various days.

It's the last week for one mine who basically said they wanted to play in the garden
    Pixie Dust

6. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Two go next week back to school ( starting school) term time child week after I believe .

The holidays always go quickly for me .

Today the children have washed some barbies hair and clothes ( drew a line at a few not 30! As I have so many, why I do not know)

Blackberry picking.
    Blackberry muffins.

Exploring baby newts,frogs etc at a friends pond.
    Given some old wood to finish our bug b&b in the garden so finished that

Two went at 3.30 so only got baby now . Having their tea.

8. Likes Pixie dust, Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

First day back after two weeks. I was thinking my little ones would have changed so much in the two weeks that I haven't seen them, but they haven't changed at all. I'm hoping that one of my other ones will have started to walk in these last two weeks. She had taken one step a few times just before I took my holiday.

I'm not really sure where today went. I finish at 4 on Mondays and so dd, dh and I decided to go for a coffee/hot chocolate after work. We might make it a bit of a tradition - I finish at 6 most other evenings. It was nice to be out in the real world amongst adults.

10. Likes loocyloo, Pixie dust liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Random question of the day ....

IF you are having visitors whilst you are working; do they wear a mask inside your house? do you, if you have visitors?

just mulling it over .... I had prospective parents visit last week, in the evening, as not doing visits when i am working, and they wore masks until we went outside to chat. I haven't had any minders here, but have been to other minders houses, and didn't wear a mask. I had a chap in to look at the boiler, and he wore a mask.

I've got a current, term time only, parent ( and child! ) coming to play on thursday ... should I be asking them to wear a mask inside?

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    Random question of the day ....

IF you are having visitors whilst you are working; do they wear a mask inside your house? do you, if you have visitors?

just mulling it over .... I had prospective parents visit last week, in the evening, as not doing visits when i am working, and they wore masks until we went outside to chat. I haven't had any minders here, but have been to other minders houses, and didn't wear a mask. I had a chap in to look at the boiler, and he wore a mask.

I've got a current, term time only, parent ( and child! ) coming to play on thursday ... should I be asking them to wear a mask inside?
    I think its completely up to you, I had a prospective parent visit and I was happy with them not to wear a mask as we had both been double jabbed plus I kept my distance, windows wide open etc. Our Tesco food delivery driver still wears a mask when they bring our shopping.
    Pixie Dust

13. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes up to you . I’ll probably be okay if they are double jabbed. I’ll also keep distance and have windows a jar letting fresh air in.

You will all be pleased with me I went to a park, the first time in 18 months!!! Anyone els3 kept away for so long?

15. Likes Pixie dust, Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Yes up to you . I’ll probably be okay if they are double jabbed. I’ll also keep distance and have windows a jar letting fresh air in.

You will all be pleased with me I went to a park, the first time in 18 months!!! Anyone els3 kept away for so long?
    We only started going at the start of the holidays and only if it's quiet, I leave when it starts getting busy. We went to a popular local one 2 weeks ago, arrived just after 9am no one else about then left at 1045am when everyone started arriving but the children were happy to leave as they had had fun
    Pixie Dust

17. Likes Dragonfly, loocyloo liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ve been going to a couple of quiet ones with little ones and had them mainly to ourselves. Not been to busy ones in th we summer hols. We have been to other play places that we have paid to go to so it’s seems to keep them a bit less busy

19. Likes loocyloo liked this post