It's the weekend!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default It's the weekend!

I'm making the most of my last couple of days of freedom before I start back at work on Monday! It's been a lovely week off. It certainly seems more than a week since I last had children here and I feel very rested.

Today DD and I have been to a local craft fair - the first in a very long time. If I'm honest, it was a bit disappointing as there weren't as many stands as usual, but it was lovely to go and have a browse.

Tomorrow I'm going to have a lazy morning, then spend an hour or two in the afternoon sorting out some paperwork and getting the toys set up again ready for Monday. I've got a new starter on Monday so I need to make sure everything is ready as I don't know how she'll be. She was wonderful on her settling in sessions, but a full day could be completely different so I want to be prepared.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone

2. Likes loocyloo, Pixie dust liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sounds good Mouse. Enjoy your day today.

Yesterday DD and I went to see an outdoor show. It was fantastic, and then it started to rain, and then it started to REALLY rain!: The show was stopped for 15 mins, and then, as only 10/15 mins left, it was decided to carry on for those who wanted to carry on watching in the rain ! Which we all did! Everyone was just laughing about the torrential rain, including the cast. well, when you're that wet, laugh is all you can do!

It was/is meant to be raining all day here today .... but it's currently dry ....

Not much planned today, although I want to get my 20/21 tax account sorted! It's almost there .. I just need to find a few figures and file!

4. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It's my last day off too, boo hoo.

My plan is to do some paperwork too - send out my holiday dates and look at my sickness policy and see if it needs tweaking. Although we never want our holidays to end, I was half looking forward to getting back to work because I have lots of activity ideas that I want to try, but when one of the mums queried my invoice the other day it put a damper on things. She was fine about it, but it did make me feel a bit 'meh'.

When is your next holiday Mouse? Are you working straight through until Christmas? I would like to take a couple of days off at October half term, but I feel a bit extravagant.

Today there is a local charity 10k run here, so some of our main roads are closed. We'll probably go and cheer them on in a bit and maybe grab a coffee somewhere. DD and I have started watching Celebrity Masterchef, so we'll watch an episode of that later.

6. Likes Pixie dust, loocyloo liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Morning on this very damp Sunday!

Yesterday I did my accounts so they are up to date, popped in to town to get a couple of things.

Today DS2 and I were supposed to be going to a street food market its a local place where the vendors change every week , we have't been yet but a few friends have but when we saw the weather forecast we have decided to have brunch at home, he is cooking the full works! I think it will be a relaxing day reading/sewing and washing tv

I was supposed to have one my other new ones in for a settling session this week but mum has messaged to say they are isolating so can we move it to the following week so at least they are still coming after the other one was a no show this week. I had a bit of a panic that everyone was just not going to turn up. My 3rd new one is a sibling of one who starts school next month so they will be here.

I have been watching Masterchef Maza.... enjoy!

Enjoy your Sunday and keep dry!
    Last edited by Pixie dust; 22-08-2021 at 08:36 AM.
    Pixie Dust

8. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post

When is your next holiday Mouse? Are you working straight through until Christmas? I would like to take a couple of days off at October half term, but I feel a bit extravagant.
    This year I'll be working straight through until Christmas. I usually take either October or February half term off and have decided against October this time. One of the main reasons is that I'll be quieter between September and Christmas, but manically busy from January. With not working on a Friday I get long weekends anyway and I don't think I'll be as ready for a break by October. From January I'll be really busy and, although I'll still have Fridays off, I know I'll be ready for a break by February!

10. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm taking half of October half term off. Not really a holiday, as DD has a dance competition, I usually wait to see when she is dancing, and try and work around it, but have decided that it is too much like hard work, and then i'm always worried about parents actually arriving at the right time to collect their children, when we need to leave, that i'm just not going to do that any more! I've just emailed the parents who are affected by the days i'll be off, and a couple of them have moved their days to the days I AM working!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

On the subject of holidays, when are your school Christmas holidays this year?

Our schools break up on 23rd December and go back on 10th January. That seems really late to me. I usually take the 2 weeks off, but wonder if going back on 10th January will be too late for some parents.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    On the subject of holidays, when are your school Christmas holidays this year?

Our schools break up on 23rd December and go back on 10th January. That seems really late to me. I usually take the 2 weeks off, but wonder if going back on 10th January will be too late for some parents.
    We finish on the 17th and go back the 5th Jan but thats our local school, it gets a little confusing here as now most schools are academies they set their own holiday days which are often all slightly different.
    Pixie Dust

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

we finish on the 17th and go back on the 5th Jan too. i'm off from 23rd Dec. first day back will be the 4th x

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Ours finish on Friday 17th and so I was going to have that as my last working day, but I'm thinking that might be too soon for parents. I might offer to do one day of the next week.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    we finish on the 17th and go back on the 5th Jan too. i'm off from 23rd Dec. first day back will be the 4th x
    Snap thats the same time I am taking off
    Pixie Dust

17. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Ours finish 17 th. I finish 23 rd until 4 th.

19. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought our holidays seemed particularly late this year.

I have a term time only child whose mum is a teacher and another child who has an older sibling at school. Their families will be alright about me closing until the 10th, but I doubt the other parents will want to take that much holiday right after Christmas.