Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Happy Friday everyone!

Good morning!

I'm back in my favourite place

Attachment 8935

Apologies if photo sideways ... I can't seem to change it!

It's not cold as such, but I wouldn't say it was warm! Children are running round in shorts and jumpers. I'm wishing I had some socks with me! Beach is busy, but not heaving and amazingly, given my track record, no one has set up camp right next to us

Hope you are all having good days xx[

ATTACH=CONFIG]8937[/ATTACH]had another go ... seems I can only put photos landscape!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Likes Maza, Pixie dust, Dragonfly liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

That looks lovely loocyloo. Gosh, I remember that rude family who set up next to you last time!

DD, DH and I went to a garden centre for breakfast this morning. It was ok. Then we had a good browse in there and remarkably none of us bought anything. We went to a 'new to us' library and I got 'That's Not My Squirrel' - the three little ones here love all the 'That's Not My...' books, and I thought this one would be nice for an autumn display in a few weeks time. I also got a Pip and Posy book, because I think several of you on here mentioned them.

I'm just getting the invoices ready for next month and sent a quick message to one mum to check that she still wants to increase a day from September. She said yes, so great, but then reminded me that she is on holiday for a week next month. I really, really hope she hasn't forgotten that her holidays will still be charged for. She's really not good at reading the contracts/messages properly at all, so I'm bracing myself for an awkward conversation.

When is everyone's next holiday? Are you all working right up until Christmas now? Have you told parents when your Christmas holidays will be already?

4. Likes loocyloo, Pixie dust liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm doing my invoices tonight for September.

I'm next off for half of half term! DD has a dance competition... first one in 20 mths! , then it's Christmas! I haven't actually looked at dates yet, but will do when I do invoices tonight! I also need to think about my Easter and summer time off as well!

I love the 'that's not my ... ' books Maza . Did you see the activity idea on assorted social media where you draw a snail ( for example ) on asset of cardboard, then cut out the shell, and put it on the grass, sand, stones etc and say 'that's not my snail, it's too .... ' we did it and made a photo poster of all the different places it had been.

6. Likes Maza, Pixie dust, Dragonfly liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh what a lovely idea loocyloo! I might have o add that to my list of activities. I have so many activity ideas at the moment, and then I go through phases where I cannot think of anything to do.

8. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Afternoon!

We have had another grey day, it came over very black at one point I thought it would rain but it didn't. I have had 6 again today who have been happily making potions in the garden then after lunch we did some crafts before going back outside. They all come and go at different times so we haven't managed to go out anywhere.

I have the October half term off then have the week between Christmas and New Year off, one of my parents asked me a couple weeks ago about Christmas as they needed to sort their own time off. I have started to think about next year too as DH works 3 week on/off rota so it's quite easy to work out the best weeks for us. I try and spread them out over the year a week at Easter/a week in the summer then if I have the first week of the summer holidays I take October half term so its not too long between breaks or if it's towards the end of the summer holidays I take the May half term off plus maybe some odd days to make long weekends.

I was due to have a settling session this afternoon with the new little one whose mum didn't really respond to my recent email/text so I guess she has changed her mind. I think I will send her one last message asking to confirm they no longer need the place. I am slightly concerned they are going to just turn up on their first day having had no visits and I won't have a clue about the baby or their routines.
    Pixie Dust

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh that's a shame that you still haven't heard Pixie. Will you advertise their space now? When should their first day be?

Well, I've finally ordered the statutory EYFS and Development Matters. Can't seem to find Birth to Five anywhere though. I'm sure I used to see it in the online shops though.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I knew it. Within minutes of me sending out the invoices I got a message from the mum telling me that she thought holidays were only chargeable if there wasn't enough notice given, and that she had told me a couple of months ago about the holiday - she attached the original message. So, I was second guessing myself and had to get the contracts out to check that I hadn't messed up and stressing about telling DH.

I've just sent another message clarifying it all, but I am awaiting her response. I hate this sort of thing.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh no Maza, this job would be great if it wasn't for the parents actually I do love my job and can't imagine doing anything else.
    My new one is supposed to be starting in a couple of weeks so I guess I will just see what happens as in one way its probably a blessing as 3 new baby starters is probably a bit much to handle, I could do with another 2/3 year old to balance things out but that doesn't seem to happen as I seem to get babies as starters then they just stay.

Enjoy the weekend!
    Pixie Dust

13. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Had my two grandson all day today as DD1 n hubby moved house. The boys were both excited but nervous.the eldest who’s 6 was keen to get his bedroom sorted and the 3 yr old was excited because he has horses to look at in the field opposite. No work for a week for me now. So looking forward to the break

15. Likes Maza liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

That’s a lovely activity loocyloo.

Maza you always get one set of parents who don’t read any letters you send out.pixie dust those parents have left you in a horrible position.if it hadn’t been for them paying a deposit you could of filled the space.

I have 2 days off in October then it’s christmas holidays.Ive only taken 2 weeks off this year so far.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I've just sent out my holiday dates. I feel so guilty because they have have all had to take off more days than usual whenever their child had a cough/temp etc. I decided to only take one day off in the October half term because DH is 50 in February, so I can take some more time off then. If I give them more notice I won't feel as guilty.

18. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    I've just sent out my holiday dates. I feel so guilty because they have have all had to take off more days than usual whenever their child had a cough/temp etc. I decided to only take one day off in the October half term because DH is 50 in February, so I can take some more time off then. If I give them more notice I won't feel as guilty.
    Oh Maza, don't feel guilty. or at least, feel guilty but take the time anyway!

We are no good to anyone if we never have a break!

20. Likes Maza liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post

Maza how much time off have you actually taken this year as it's important to look after yourself too.

What are you going to do for DH birthday ? Any big celebrations? DH and I were both 50 a couple of years back now and we always said we would could to New York for our 50th which we did and had the best time ever. I was very apprehensive as had never flown that far before., we have talked about going back but now it's Covid times we don't want to fly anywhere until things improve.
    Pixie Dust

22. Likes loocyloo, Dragonfly liked this post