Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Morning on this wet Tuesday !

Morning everyone! We have a very wet Tuesday with rain forecast for most of the day here lucky for us we have a covered area outside plus puddle suits.

As some of you know I am due to have some new little ones start over the coming weeks, the parent of one of them has ignored all recent communication and I have asked politely if they still want the space which they haven't responded to either. I just don't know if I should continue chasing them or just wait and see what happens. I know they needed to find care for the 2 days I couldn't do. They are due to have their first settling in visit later this week. The only thing I have heard from them was a text message questioning if I had meant to text. They paid a deposit immediately after their initial visit and appeared to be really happy. I have had parents not turn up after arranging an initial visit but not anyone ignoring me after booking a place. I would rather someone be honest and say they have changed their mind at least I know where I stand.

Not much planned for today, the two younger ones are currently playing with the trains, I have two siblings coming just before lunch for the afternoon who love to do crafts so that will be the afternoon sorted if the rain continues.

Have fun whatever you are doing.
    Pixie Dust

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh dear pixie dust. When is the child due to start? Hope it’s very soon and you’re not holding the space for nothing. I suppose if they paid a deposit I think they will turn up. But rude not to reply at some point if not straight away.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Oh dear pixie dust. When is the child due to start? Hope it’s very soon and you’re not holding the space for nothing. I suppose if they paid a deposit I think they will turn up. But rude not to reply at some point if not straight away.
    They are supposed to start at the beginning of September, they first came to visit in July and I explained about coming for settling in visits which they seemed happy about and said they would wait to hear from me. It has been couple of weeks since I contacted them with the suggested dates and asked for confirmation that they could do this, I then text to say I had emailed and hope they received the email as sometimes they end up in the junk/spam filter but no response. I am hoping that maybe they are on holiday and will get back to me when they get home but it's not a great start to a working relationship if they do turn up.

To be honest I don't always take a deposit but they actually asked me how much deposit would secure the place.
    Pixie Dust

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good afternoon.

I had one at cricket club this morning, and the rest of us went pond dipping. It was damp, but not really wet! We caught some waterboatmen, caddisfly and mayfly large, a baby leech and even a tiny fish! Collected mindee from cricket, home for lunch. 2 asleep and the rest are inside and out, causing chaos, but having fun! We'll do some craft later ... we have collected lots of bits on our walks and travels, and are going to make clay tiles... at least .. that's the plan!

Pixie, that is really annoying. Hopefully they are just away and will respond soon, or maybe just turn up on the day!

I had a returning parent ( new babe ) ask in mid July if I had a space from September for 1 day ... I could wiggle them in, so got sorted... mum just needed to confirm her day with boss. Boss was off isolating .... I then went away, sent mum a couple of messages... yes ... all go ... due to sign contracts/deposits tonight ... mum just text ... she's been signed off going back to work by Dr indefinitely due to mental health. Totally fair enough although frustrating, but in the 3 plus years I've known this mum, she's never said anything, and we've talked about mental health.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh Pixie that is so irritating.

I'm still on my second week off. This morning we went to a lovely town about 35 minutes away. We went on a cable car type of thing - not quite a cable car but I can't remember the name of it. We then went for drinks in a brilliant and cosy Harry Potter cafe and had a look around the higggledy piggledy town.

Last week when we were on holiday, we had two tubs of pringles and I saved the tubs (obviously!). I can't get the smell out of the tubs though, despite washing them several times. I was going to make them into a posting toy, but I don't want my resources to smell after being in there. Does the smell just fade?

Pixie - I finally saw two gravy boats in the charity shop last week. They were the silver metal type - but the edges were so sharp that I didn't end up buying them.

I'm getting a tiny bit excited about the strictly contestants this year - I love Dan Walker. I don't think he'll be a natural dancer though, but I may be wrong.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Pixie - I finally saw two gravy boats in the charity shop last week. They were the silver metal type - but the edges were so sharp that I didn't end up buying them.

I'm getting a tiny bit excited about the strictly contestants this year - I love Dan Walker. I don't think he'll be a natural dancer though, but I may be wrong.
    I quickly just went and checked mine incase I they were sharp and I hadn't noticed but they are fine

I love Strictly can't wait !
    Pixie Dust

7. Likes Maza, Dragonfly liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

I done the same went and checked mine!

9. Likes Maza liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Today we found our first caterpillar a woolly bear caterpillar! So pleased as we have been reading the book.

11. Likes Pixie dust, loocyloo, Maza liked this post