Good morning Thursday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Thursday

We've had a busy, but fun, couple of days. The weather's been nice so we've either been out on walks or out in the garden. One of the children has been away on holiday and it's amazing what difference that has made to the way the children play. He's a lovely little chap, but he's very loud and destructive and I've realised he's probably a bit overbearing at times. The dynamic has been so different without him here so I need to have a think about how I'm going to work things when he's back. I'm not sure quite what I can do but it would be a shame for the other children to have him dominating everything again.

I've mentioned before that the children and I have been growing wild flowers this year. They've been lovely and have attracted lots of bees and butterflies. A couple of weeks ago I noticed a random sunflower starting to grow. It was doing really well and was getting a proper round sunflower head on it, which the children checked on each day. We went to have a look this morning and found that a squirrel has come and eaten the whole head off it!! We're left with a tall stalk. I've always liked the squirrels in the garden, but I'm not a fan of them this year! We had some wheat (or barley or something like that) growing in with the flowers and the squirrels have stripped that as well. I'm going to have to start trying to squirrel-proof everything or we'll just have a planter full of topless stalks.

Today's my last day working before a week off. I'll be about now and again, but feel free to start a morning post if I don't Keep the chat going to so I've got plenty to read when I do log on

Enjoy the rest of your days everyone

2. Likes Pixie dust, Dragonfly liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Afternoon everyone!

Mouse my full timer sounds just like your little one as I have noticed this week how different this week has been with them as they are away... the others have engaged more in conversations and things have been more calm. Enjoy your week off as I had a week of at the start of the holidays I am slightly jealous of everyone else having weeks off

Today has been a quiet one with just two so we have been outside playing as one is in to making obstacle courses. Next week things will be back to normal as I have had a few off due to holidays and a family isolating.
    Pixie Dust

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

It has been a very busy day with 5 children. We done a under the sea activity with the tuff tray filled with water added fish,octopus, shells plants etc and the threw some rubbish in! and asked the children what shouldn’t be in the sea.all done well.
    Dressing up, chalking.outdoor toys

We finished our paper mache fairy toadstool houses also so a full on day.

Off on my next part of the day very soon. Then a nice seat down for an hour.

Have a good week off mouse.

5. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It has been a very busy day with 5 children. We done a under the sea activity with the tuff tray filled with water added fish,octopus, shells plants etc and the threw some rubbish in! and asked the children what shouldn’t be in the sea.all done well

What a great idea! Might pinch that one
    Pixie Dust

7. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Please do pixie dust, nice to share ideas.

9. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Gosh Gragonfly you've been busy. What lovely activities for your mindees.