Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good afternoon Tuesday

We've had a busy, but lovely day.

This morning we went to a small local farm where the children enjoyed feeding the animals and holding the rabbits. It was a bit cooler when we first got there, which made it really pleasant for walking round. By the time we'd finished looking at the animals and moved to the play area, the sun was out and it was lovely. The children played happily while i sat and chatted with the ex-mindee's mum who had joined us. The only slight gripe with the farm is that they don't let you eat a picnic there, but they only provide cakes in their cafe so you can't even buy something to eat. We did sit and have hot chocolate with marshmallows (despite the heat!) then moved on to a nearby cafe for lunch. On the way home we stopped off at a park for another run round and an ice cream. We've all had a lot of fresh air and exercise, but it certainly hasn't been a healthy eating day
    By the time we got home the children were tired so they just chilled in the garden till home time. They hadn't even had any toys out indoors so I didn't have anything to pack away!

DH is out tonight so I'm looking forward to a quiet evening. I've recorded a few TV programmes lately so I'll catch up on one of those...unless I fall asleep first

2. Likes loocyloo, Dragonfly liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Lovely Mouse ... I love days where you are out all day, and there are no toys to tidy away!

We had a brilliant day rock pooling at the beach! ... HUGE crabs,baby crabs, shrimps, little fish, a small flatfish, sea snails, anenomes and even 2 baby eels !!!! absolutely amazing! it rained as we arrived, but stopped 5 minutes later, and then rained just as we started to drive home. We chatted to lots of people, built amazing sandcastles and just had fun. It is days like today that remind how much i LOVE my job! ( plus the 4 children all get on really well, and don't need constant direction or organisation! )

I now need to go and feed my neighbours animals, and cook some tea for Dh, Dd & me!

4. Likes Dragonfly liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow Mouse and looclyloo, what fantastic days you have both given your children.

I spent the day catching up on childminding admin. I was so behind on lots of little bits of admin, so it has been great to catch up. I kept getting distracted though, so it has take me far longer than it should have done.

The lady who wanted to borrow my pushchair now doesn't need it, so I'm glad about that. DH thinks our neighbour probably got bad vibes from me and so now I feel a bit bad. I would have lent it to my neighbour, but it was for my neighbour's friend's son who I have never met.

We're off to a cabin tomorrow for a few nights. DD was really looking forward to going fishing on the pond there, but we have just realised that they don't hire out fishing rods - you have to take your own, and we don't have one. So, she's a tad disappointed.

Right, I just need to file away a few more bits, walk the dog and then get into holiday mode.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Loocyloo, a day at the beach sounds wonderful. I grew up no more than a 10 minute walk to the beach, but I rarely went. As kids we went to the parks a lot, but never to the beach. I don't know why we didn't use it more. I know I'd love to be that close now.

Maza, enjoy your break. What a shame you won't be able to hire fishing equipment. I wonder if you'd be able to buy a cheap one from somewhere. If it's somewhere you're likely to go again, it might be worth it.

7. Likes Maza liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

What great days Mouse and Loocyloo had with their little ones! Maza hope you got all your admin done and now on holiday mode.

We went over to the local park today and played out in the garden, the children were happy making potions with water and herbs. It's my dad's birthday today so when I finished work I had to pop over with his card and present so didn't;t end up eating until late tonight. It's one of those evenings that just disappeared. I think I will head to bed soon and read for a bit.
    Pixie Dust

9. Likes Maza liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Gosh, you have had exciting days with your mindees. wish I lived near a beach. Maza have a good holiday.

11. Likes Maza liked this post