It's the weekend!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default It's the weekend!

The weekend didn't start quite as planned.

I've been taking antibiotics for in infected insect bite. They don't really agree with me, but I've put up with the nausea. Then today I got a migraine that wouldn't go away with my usual medication. It means I've spent most of the day in bed feeling sorry for myself! Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow and I'll have a more productive day.

What's everyone else been up to? The weather's been a bit grim here anyway so I don't know that we'd have got out far even if I had felt OK.

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh gosh Mouse, hope you feel better soon. I've got some horrible looking bites right now.

We're having a great weekend so far. I went to our local pub (never been before) with two other local minders and had a lovely time last night. Then today, DD had a party to go to. She really didn't want to go for various reasons. We had a code word that she could text to me if it wasn't going well and I would go and collect her. Anyway, I didn't get a message and went to collect her at the scheduled finishing time and she had had a great time. I haven't seen her happy in a while so we're all walking on cloud 9 here.

When I popped into town this morning, there was a concert on in the local park. A load of 80s bands were playing (the real thing, not tribute bands). I couldn't get in the park but waited by the gate for DH to collect me and I could hear all the music - 'Together in Electric Dreams', and 'Feels like Heaven' were playing. I felt so nostalgic I was almost welling up! It's funny because all I could see in town before the concert were groups of people in their 50s getting off trains and coaches to go to the concert.

DH is happy because his team won the rugby.

Happy weekend everyone!

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Maza, that Concert sounds brilliant, and i'm so pleased to hear your DD enjoyed the party.

Mouse, hope you feel better soon. DD has been taking antibiotics for an infected blister on her toe, and they made her feel really sick and headachy, and one morning she was sick for a few hours. She's just about finished the course now, but went from taking them 4 times a day as prescribed, to 2 a day (she'd taken them for 3 days as prescribed, and then was sick, but the toe was definitely healing by then, but she couldn't get hold of the dr as she was dancing all day every day, and dr wouldn't/couldn't talk to me!)

We travelled home from Northumberland yesterday and stopped for a walk around Durham. I've wanted to visit ever since we moved here ( 10 yrs ago! ) and now we have! What a lovely little town/city it is. I'm now dealing with the washing mountain and have an incredibly long list of jobs to get done!

Have a good weekend all xx

6. Likes Maza liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh Mouse hope you are feeling better today.

loocyloo good luck with your washing, that was me last after coming back from our week away!

Maza sounds like fun and great news that your DD enjoyed the party. Have a lovely week off.

I went to the charity shop yesterday to look for bits for my treasure basket/books they didn't have a lot but they had a few of those metal teapots sets. I didn't buy any this time as we have a few now. I did get a set of metal animal shaped napkin holders the sort of thing you see on the curiosity approach. They also had a lot of old suitcases for a £1 each I have seen quite a few setting use them now for play set ups but I didn't get one as I don't think I have the room for that sort of thing. Last night I had 2 friends over so it was a late one by the time they left so a slow start for me this morning then will probably take the dog for a walk, relax a bit then get ready for Monday .

Enjoy your Sunday!
    Pixie Dust

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Pixie dust, suitcases do seem to be the in thing at the moment don't they? Like you, I'm not sure I would have the room for one. I went to the charity shop yesterday and got a basket with a handle. You can never have enough baskets, lol. I'm still looking for a gravy boat - I think it was you who mentioned that you have one Pixie.

Are you all looking forward to Strictly this year? Do you think Anton will be a good choice for judge or will you miss Bruno? Have you seen the new contestants? I only recognise Tom Fletcher.