Good morning Thursday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Thursday

The last day of my working week. I'm looking forward to a lie in tomorrow morning! I have been so tired this week, although I think it's more the end of a virus rather than lack of sleep. I do like going to bed on a Thursday night knowing I haven't got to set the alarm clock

Today I've just got two 2 year olds and my grandson. We're out in the garden at the moment and they're all playing happily. It's a bit cool outside but it's nice and peaceful - the neighbours children are obviously still in bed! They're good neighbours, but the children are so loud. From the minute they go outside they just scream. They always have done, since they first moved in several years ago. They're not even young children. They must be 10 years old and above, but they just can't play without constant screaming. If they're like that indoors, it's no wonder their parents send them into the garden all the time!

Has anyone got anything nice planned for the weekend? I'm going to dig out my raised planter and decide what else to put in it. Last year we grew vegetables, with limited success. I did get quite a few vegetables, but they were tiny. The bunch of carrots fitted in the palm of my hand! This year we did wild flowers, which was much more successful. We had some lovely flowers and attracted bees and butterflies to it. They flowers have all gone now though and it's just looking messy so I'll dig it out and try something else. I'm not sure what though so I'll have to wander round the garden centre and do a bit of research.

Enjoy your days everyone.

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Ooooh your wild flowers sound lovely Mouse.

This morning we've made some sheep (had planned them for last week after a trip to see the sheep, but we didn't get round to it). I actually think I'm just going to let the children do free play today. I was just watching them and they actually started interacting a bit - the two I have today haven't bonded and I've been doing activities trying to get them to bond, but I think I'm going to let them just get on with it and let it happen naturally if hey are a bit bored. I've got quite a lot of bitty admin to do so I'm going to try and tick some things off my list.

DH is in such a bad mood today for various reasons. One of the dads, who pushes DH's buttons anyway, pressed the doorbell 5 mins early again today. They aren't my first to arrive otherwise I would be cross too, but I'm kind of letting it go, but it's really annoying DH. I'm on holiday next week and I think we're all ready for it.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We had a lovely morning at the beach then came home for lunch, now only have two this afternoon so it's lovely and quiet. I have 2 off today due to having family days out instead, they have already paid for today too!

The only plan I have for the weekend at the moment is a takeaway and catch up with some friends Saturday night apart from that I will probably be catching up with jobs that need doing.

Have a lovely week off Maza have you made any plans?
    Pixie Dust

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie dust View Post
    We had a lovely morning at the beach then came home for lunch, now only have two this afternoon so it's lovely and quiet. I have 2 off today due to having family days out instead, they have already paid for today too!

The only plan I have for the weekend at the moment is a takeaway and catch up with some friends Saturday night apart from that I will probably be catching up with jobs that need doing.

Have a lovely week off Maza have you made any plans?

Thanks Pixie dust. Yes, we have plans. We are going away for four nights. We're going to a cabin just under an hour away. We're taking the dog so I'm glad it's not far away because he hates the car. We cannot wait. We normally do a Forest Holiday, but they are so expensive this year (and totally booked up) so we have found a cheaper alternative. As long as there is a hot tub I'm happy. We've just had to buy DD a new swimming costume as she has outgrown her old one - I was shocked at how pricey they are (I've had the same costume for years)!