Good evening Monday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good evening Monday

Today has been a very busy day, so I'm now sitting down with a cup of coffee and a well-deserved bar of chocolate!

The weather has been lovely today - sunny but with a slight breeze. It makes playing outside so much more enjoyable when you're not melting.

Has anyone managed to catch any of the Olympics yet? I stayed up last night to watch the triathlon and it made me realise how much I do enjoy watching it. I also managed to see some gymnastics, which again, i really enjoyed. I haven't a clue what time coverage is on though so it'll be hit & miss if I see any more of it! It's good to see we've won some medals already. I usually do some Olympics activities with the children, but I don't think they're really aware of it this time round.

I hope you've all had good days.

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I was just wondering when the gymnastics was on. I don't even know which channel to find everything on - iplayer?

My 'one day a week child' was slightly more settled today. He arrived with yet another new schedule for me to try and stick to, the poor thing. I do feel for his mum, she is desperate for him to be in a routine where he will sleep until 7am in the mornings, but she keeps chopping and changing his routine - one nap/two naps/bottle before nap/no bottle/big snack before sleep/no snack, early lunch/late lunch... It'a about his fifth week here and none of the routines she has set have ever worked.. I feel like I am such a disappointment when I tell her at pick up (it's always in the diary, but she asks me as soon as I open the door how he has slept). In Oct/Nov he will be coming to me 4 days a week and I am curious to see if I can get him into a bit of a routine.

Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

That's tough Maza. My minded children frequently have a different routine with me, than they have at home.

I haven't caught any of the Olympics ... it doesn't seem such a 'thing' this year, which is sad. That said, I'm not working these 2 weeks anyway!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I've found out that the Olympics are mainly shown on Eurosport channel, so I have managed to catch a bit more of it, although it's only highlights as the actual events are on in the early hours of the morning.

Maza, it's tough when parents keep trying to enforce routines that don't work. I do always try to stick to family routines, but find it often works better if we fall into a natural routine here and the family ends up adopting the same one at home. Good luck getting your mindee into a good routine.

Loocyloo, enjoy your time off.

5. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post