Good morning Thursday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Thursday

It's the last day of term here, so we're going out at lunchtime to collect my grandson from school. The children love him being here so they're very excited!

I went to Sainsburys last night to get ice creams for them all for this afternoon, but the ice cream/ice lolly section was completely empty. In fact, a lot of the shelves were empty. I didn't go right round the shop but the sections I went to were very bare. It seemed to be the chilled, frozen and bakery sections particularly. It looked worse than when we first went into lockdown and you couldn't find toilet roll, pasta or flour anywhere! I saw on the news that there may be food shortages due to the number of people having to self isolate, but I thought it was just scaremongering. It looks like it could be true!

It does feel a little bit cooler here today and I actually managed to turn my fan off for a bit during the night. It's been on 24 hours a day for the last few days, so it was lovely to be cool enough not to need a fan blowing straight at me. I don't feel anywhere near as snuffly today so that's a good thing.

Enjoy your days everyone. I've got absolutely nothing planned other than filling the water tables and letting the children get on with it!

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Today I have one of my 'one day a week' children here. She used to cry pretty much all day, but last week she didn't and I was really hoping it wasn't a one off. She's been fab again today. However, my old mindee, who is usually as good as gold, has decided he isn't keen on her. Her crying used to set him off and now that she isn't crying anymore, he still has negative feelings and is pushing his boundaries with both her and me.

We've been in the garden for most of the morning - mostly because it's too hot to walk anywhere and also because I want them outdoors so that i don't catch the cough and cold that one mindee has.

I read about the shelves being empty Mouse too.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Afternoon!

We went outside first thing, and were inside by 10.30. Even under the uv shade it was too hot. We have big black clouds gathering, so hoping it clears a bit!

We just went out in the car to drop DD at a band concert she's playing in, and it was so lovely and cold, we're sitting on the drive in the car, and both mindees have fallen asleep!

I'm very tired, DD had her 'not prom' last night and it was just wonderful, and they had a lovely time. They left by 12.30 am, and we quickly cleared up ( 2 other sets of parents stayed to help ) and I was in bed just gone 1 am, but couldn't sleep ... then the cat woke me up at 6!!!

Early to bed tonight I think!

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I survived the first day go the holidays here We have been outside quite a bit as it's been lovely but not too hot so lots of water play/painting and general running around but I am exhausted !

I am off to put my feet up for 5 minutes
    Pixie Dust

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Loocyloo that sounds wonderful! What lovely forever memories you gave them.

We have flying ants everywhere right now - does that mean there will be rain soon or is that an old wives tale?

Gosh, my mindee had a whopping tantrum on my doorstep for his mum when she collected him. He was on the verge of one this morning when she dropped him off and so I quickly got him in and he forgot all about it as soon as I closed the front door. He's such a monkey for mum at the moment, and she's pregnant too and looking cream crackered. DH is moaning about upsetting the neighbours with the noise - which I obviously don't want either - but I'm not sure what I can do.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh Maza, that sounds tough. I've had screaming children on arrival and collection, and sometimes throughout the day! I often read the reviews for the holiday cottage next door to make sure there are no negative comments about noisy children! The owners know what I do, and have said it wouldn't be a problem, especially as I only work 8-6!
    I've also wondered what neighbours must think, especially those that live behind me, but no one has ever said anything! They do moan when the hedge needs cutting or something, so I'm sure someone would tell me if it was am issue!

7. Likes Maza liked this post