Good morning Wednesday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Wednesday

Did any of you get thunderstorms last night? I was following them on the live lighting tracker, but they all stopped before they reached us. It's much cooler here this morning and quite fresh outside, which is nice. Once the children are all here we'll go into the garden and make the most of the cooler weather.

I've come down with an awful cold today. A few of the children have had sniffles recently so I could have caught it from them, although I think it's more likely from having my fan blowing directly on me all night for the past few nights. I knew it wasn't a good idea to have it blowing right on me, but it's been so hot at night I had to!

I've got another early finish tonight so I'm going to dash into town to get a couple of birthday presents. Have you been into any shops since Monday? Have you still been wearing a mask? I went to Sainsburys on Monday evening and still wore my mask. Most of the other shoppers and staff were wearing them as well. It's become a habit now and I'm not sure when I'll stop wearing one. Have you all still got the track & trace app as well? I've still got it but I'm wondering whether or not to delete it. I really don't want to get pinged and have to isolate, but then I'd like to know if I've been in contact with someone who's tested positive.

Have fun today, whatever you've got planned.

Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good afternoon.

It's overcast here, but very muggy, about 22°!

We've been playing inside 'going shopping' and then we went to the shop for a couple of bits and they all used the self scan till to n scan, and wow! So exciting!

I'm still wearing a mask. I have however, deleted the app!

X

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm still wearing a mask and most people around here seem to be wearing one too. I never had the app - DH did and I just added my phone number to a sheet of paper whenever I needed to do so - not very confidential at all in most places!

My two today both have colds and a bit of a cough (both had tests). I'm going through so many tissues. I've kept them out in the garden for most of the morning as I don't really want to catch it. We've been reading 'This is the Bear and the Picnic Lunch' and today we copied the boy in the story and made a picnic using all the things he did. Both boys sleeping soundly now, though they'll be awake very soon. We were going to do some bear painting in the garden as I had prepped some stuff a couple of nights ago being all organised for once - could I find where I had put the stuff - no! Anyway, I found it once they were sleeping, but I think I'll put it away until Friday for them.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It's still be quite hot and sunny here today so we were outside early but then came into keep out of the sun.

We have to pop to the shop later so will be interesting to see how many people are still wearing masks. I will continue to wear mine in shops etc. I have the app, DH has deleted it from his phone and I have turned off the contact tracing but to be honest we don't actually go very far so I think our risk is minimal. We have popped in to the occasional shop and grabbed the odd take away coffee. We do have a high amount of cases locally at the moment and the local council are pushing for everyone to do regular testing.

I feel a little confused about what day it is as the local school finished for summer today so it feels like it should be Friday
    Pixie Dust

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

It’s been sooo hot here. I’ve got a fan by the side of my bed so it’s directly on my face chest, didn’t think it could be that that makes me wake with a dry throat!!

Wearing mask all the time still and still not mixing much.

Children getting sniffles one seems to always have a cough. The child still goes to nursery so should I expect her to have a test ? They have always a runny nose and cough.

I brought a water mat so the children have been having great fun with that.

Does anyone have students uni students who pay through their grant? Well 85% of it anyway. Got a question! I have one mature student look after one of their children.