Good afternoon Tuesday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good afternoon Tuesday

We’re out in the garden enjoying a slightly cooler day. The children have been water playing virtually all day. We started off with plain water, then as the day’s gone on I’ve added bubble mix and flowers, and the children have added anything else they could find. They’re all soaking wet so we’ll have to go in soon to get them dried off before home time.

One of the children is leaving today so we had a picnic lunch complete with ice cream and cake. I did warn parents the children might be on a bit of a sugar high when they go home I’ve been reading the new DfE guidance on what food we should or shouldn’t give the children and I can say quite confidently, I’ve completely failed today

This evening I’m going to drop some shopping off to my son and his girlfriend who have both tested positive for covid. Typically they’d both booked this week off work and now have to spend the whole week isolating. I’ve suggested they try and cancel the holiday days and taken them as sick days instead.

Enjoy the rest of the day everyone. My children go home at 3.30pm today so I’ve only got an hour to go

Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It seems hotter than ever here today!

We went to a local park, which happens to be along side a local school, that DD and her friends 'just happened' to be playing a little brass concert at outside , so a friend and I, along with my mindees, sat in the shade and listened, which was lovely.

Came home and just played inside. Everyone is a bit grumpy and hot and bothered!

Several ice lollies have been consumed, along with cake, and some sweets my friend brought them! We do do ' Healthy Eating' but I also think it's important to let them have some sweet treat things, so they become just part of a healthy diet, and not what they only want to eat!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm having a better day than yesterday, so at least that's something!

One of my mindees is off with a cold and the other one didn't arrive until 10.30 because he was waiting for his covid test results. It's been really lovely having him by himself and getting to know him a bit more. He;s fast asleep now, but stirring. Today is DH's turn to be having a bad day. As I mentioned, he's decorating our bedroom and it has got to him today. He's smudged a couple of bits and the paint we have is apparently not great quality and isn't giving him to finish that he wanted.

Loocyloo I would love to go to a brass concert. There is something about them that makes me all tingly and nostalgic.

I've been reading lots of Ofsted reports the last few nights (ones which have been done since June this year) and my goodness, they don't like giving Outstanding these days!

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

One more day to go then schools out for us. I am looking forward to no school runs for a while.

We have been outside today enjoying lots of water playing and painting on our easel. The children definitely seem to be a bit hot and bothered today.

Mouse I haven't seen that guidance about food from the DFE something else for me to catch up with.
    Pixie Dust