We’re out in the garden enjoying a slightly cooler day. The children have been water playing virtually all day. We started off with plain water, then as the day’s gone on I’ve added bubble mix and flowers, and the children have added anything else they could find. They’re all soaking wet so we’ll have to go in soon to get them dried off before home time.

One of the children is leaving today so we had a picnic lunch complete with ice cream and cake. I did warn parents the children might be on a bit of a sugar high when they go home I’ve been reading the new DfE guidance on what food we should or shouldn’t give the children and I can say quite confidently, I’ve completely failed today

This evening I’m going to drop some shopping off to my son and his girlfriend who have both tested positive for covid. Typically they’d both booked this week off work and now have to spend the whole week isolating. I’ve suggested they try and cancel the holiday days and taken them as sick days instead.

Enjoy the rest of the day everyone. My children go home at 3.30pm today so I’ve only got an hour to go