Good morning Monday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Monday

This is the last week of term here, with schools breaking up on Thursday. Have your schools broken up yet? It looks like we'll have lovely weather for the last few days of term. Let's hope it lasts into the holidays as well!

So today is Freedom Day Did you go dashing out to a nightclub at midnight to take advantage of the new rules...or lack of them? How do you feel about it all? I don't think I'm quite so worried about the illness itself, but I really don't want to get pinged and have to isolate. My daughter recently had to isolate for 10 days as her boyfriend tested positive. She'd only been out of isolation for a few days when she got contacted again because someone she works closely with tested positive and so she's back in isolation. She's not happy!

What are your plans for the week? I've got one child leaving this week so we'll have a little party on his last day. I make a little photo book of their time here and have just realised that the pictures from when he first started are on my old laptop. I'll have to dig that out and hope it still works! Apart from that we'll spend as much time in the garden as I can cope with. It does feel slightly cooler today so I'm hoping I might avoid a heat headache. Yesterday I remembered I had a stick of 4Head in the cupboard and that seems to work better than paracetamol.

Enjoy your days everyone.

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Our last day of school here is Wednesday then I have 2 days then I start my week off and selfishly I am worried that I will have to isolate between now and then There are so many people locally having to isolate so I am keeping everything crossed. I feel for your daughter Mouse as the same thing happened to my youngest at uni, he ended up isolating twice in a row. Everyone is getting so frustrated with the isolation side of things.

We are off out this afternoon as I have my three that are off to school in September so we are having an end of term outdoor trip

Anyone have any tips on keeping cool at night as I am struggling to sleep in this heat plus I think it's an age thing too
    Pixie Dust

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm having a rubbish day so far.

The newest one I have has just been crying all day unless held. Not really a problem as it is to be expected. DD was really down this morning though - it's the first day of her holidays and she's just generally down as she hasn't yet been able to make friends here. When she goes into one of her downers it really upsets me and absolutely drains me. DH still hasn't finished decorating the bedroom so the house is still a tip and I'm losing things left right and center. DH moved my nappy mat this morning and so when I went to change the mindee it wasn't there, I went to put mindee in the pushchair but couldn't access it because of all the decorating stuff - it's just been one of those days where there are obstacles at every turn and I can't get into my routine.

The mum of this little one is driving me a bit potty now. It's his 4th day with me (only comes once a week) and every time she has requested a different sleep time. She either needs to stick to the same time each week or forget a routine altogether and I'll just go by his cues, poor little chap. The last two weeks I have been able to give her timings a try but they didn't work. He's either not tired when she wants him to go down or he just can't stay awake long enough. She's wanting to up his days to 4 days a week, and while I don't relish the thought, part of me is thinking that it will be good for everyone in terms of his routine.

Moan, moan, moan. That's all I seem to do these days.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hugs everyone!

Maza, I ask for a routine from parents, and use it as a guide for sleep, meals etc, but generally go by the child's cues and 'what will be will be'!

I'm worried about having to isolate, not because i don't want to get ill, or even that i'm worried about my minded children, but we've got a fair few things planned, and i'd be really upset to not be able to do them!

It is still hot here!

We break up on friday, but have not got much planned this week. DD has her 'not prom' in our garden with a dozen or so friends in a couple of days, so we'll be getting ready for that really!

5. Likes Maza liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie dust View Post
    Anyone have any tips on keeping cool at night as I am struggling to sleep in this heat plus I think it's an age thing too
    I've got a fan right next to the bed. It's the only way I can keep cool. I wake up in the morning with dry eyes and a sore throat, but that's a small price to pay for a good nights sleep!

I've also got a cooling blanket, although I'm not sure how helpful that actually is. It's made of a fabric that does feel cool to the touch, but it's so thin it ends up slipping off in the night anyway so I end up with no cover on.

I've also got a cooling towel. It's only small, but I like to wrap it round my feet to keep them cold! You run it under the cold tap, wring it out as much as you can and flap it round a couple of times. It does stay cold for quite a while.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    I'm having a rubbish day so far.
    Maza, it's no wonder you're feeling down at the moment. That's a lot to be coping with. I completely understand how difficult it can be when your daughter is feeling down. I've had the same with my daughter over the years and it really is draining. Sending hugs to you both xx

8. Likes Maza liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post

We break up on friday, but have not got much planned this week. DD has her 'not prom' in our garden with a dozen or so friends in a couple of days, so we'll be getting ready for that really!
    That sounds fun. What a fab mum you are for hosting it!

10. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    That sounds fun. What a fab mum you are for hosting it!
    Aw, thanks.

It's a joint effort! Our garden and bunting/ lights etc, another mum has access to guide tents/ tables/ chairs, another mum is getting all the food and drink and, with a couple of others and the girls, we're all decorating etc.

We just wanted to make it special for them. Like lots of people, they've really had a tough last 18mths, with a lot of online learning, everything they have been looking forward to ( for years ) being cancelled, such as loads of concerts and performances, music trips to Europe, ( exams ... as this crazy lot rather like the challenge of an exam ! ) and the Joy of being yr 11s... between the group coming, there is the head boy, head girl, deputy head girl, assorted house captains and sports captains, but they've not really had the opportunity to do anything.