Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Wednesday

Good morning everyone.

Yesterday was such a busy day I didn't even get chance to post on here. I started threads a couple of times, but just didn't get chance to finish them! I worked a long day then went straight out to a family BBQ/birthday party. It was a lovely evening but I'm tired today. I'm too old to party on a school night

We've already got lovely weather this morning so we're off into the garden as soon as all the children are here. Today I've set the tuff spot up as a craft station with paint, glue, glitter etc on it. It's so much easier having it all outside and the children just dip in and out as they want to. It saves a lot of mess indoors and their creations dry so much quicker in the sunshine.

Yesterday I had a delivery from Amazon (almost a daily occurrence in our house!) and one of the things I'd ordered was a box of wooden numbers. I have to say, I am really impressed with them and they're a lot better than I was expecting. They were less than £3 for 30 numbers, which I thought was really good. For those of you who like wooden things and loose parts, it might be worth a look, although only if you've got Amazon prime and free delivery.

Unbekannt By Egermann EH2750 Numbers Stamp Wooden Game : Amazon.co.uk: Home & Kitchen

Have good days everyone. I hope you've got this lovely sunshine wherever you are

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks Mouse, they look good ... £9 now!

We went to see friends and fed the ducks this morning.

3 now asleep at home and 1 more busy creating patterns from loose

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Loocyloo I also looked at the numbers after Mouse recommended them. I thought they were fab and was going to order until I saw they were £9. Well done Mouse, nifty work there!

I subscribed to the Karen Wilding maths membership yesterday. I thought I'll just do it for a month and binge watch the webinars etc. Last night I had no internet access though so I've already missed out on a day.

I've got three today. Two are fab but the third one has been very demanding. It's only his third day and he wasn't too bad on his other days but today, wow. We've just done free play indoors and outdoors today. They are all sleeping now but the first one who went off is due to wake up soon.

Yesterday I picked up a wooden kitchen oven/unit for £3.99! I've never had a toy kitchen before because we didn't really have the space, but I couldn't resist for 3.99.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Afternoon everyone! This morning I had one off on a school visit, the other two found lots of strawberries in the garden so we decided to make cake and use the strawberries. The weather has been very windy here but warm. We wouldn't be able to have craft outside today Mouse as it would all be blown away

My little play kitchen is one of our most used resources but it's looking a little worn now so I keep thinking about replacing it, the clock is broken and the excessive cleaning has taken it's toll.
    Pixie Dust

6. Likes Maza, Dragonfly liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

What a shame the numbers have gone up in price. When I ordered mine it said there we more than 10 in stock, now it says only 2, so some people must have managed to get them!

Maza, I signed up for the free maths challenge but failed from the first day! So far I have managed to catch up on 2 of the recordings, but that's all I've had time to do. I would like to try and get it done, but I just don't have the time to commit to it at the moment.

Pixie Dust, the craft table outside was a big hit. Luckily we had no wind and it was so hot out there the paint and glue were drying in record time.

8. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Mouse I'm a bit behind too. I tried out some of her ideas on my 2 and a half year old (think the course is aimed at 3-5) and it was so interesting. So, instead of saying 'how many do you see?' I asked him 'what' he could see and he automatically said two balls/two feathers etc. Then I showed him a photograph (took some quick snaps on my phone) of two buckets - but they weren't identical and so he didn't focus on the amount - he said he could see red and green! So, as Karen would say, the cognitive load was too high. I haven't 'tested' him on three objects yet. I thought I knew what subitising was all about before I did the course - but I really didn't.

10. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

That sounds really interesting Maza x

12. Likes Maza liked this post