It’s the weekend!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default It’s the weekend!

It’s been another busy day and I’ve only just sat down. At least I’ve got all my weekend jobs completed though, so I should have a free day tomorrow.

Has anyone been up to anything exciting today? My weekends have become pretty mundane recently so I really need to start paying more attention to what’s going on locally and getting back out there. DH and I used to have so many plans for things we wanted to get out to do, but didn’t have time for. Now we’ve got the time, but not the ideas!

Tonight is takeaway night and we’ve decided on Chinese. It’s not too far away so we’re going to walk and collect it. I’m sure that’ll make us feel more virtuous while we’re stuffing our faces

Enjoy your evenings and the rest of the weekend.

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Enjoy your walk to the takeaway Mouse! We're having pizza while we watch the football, but thankfully we only have to walk to the freezer in the garage to get that.

We had a lovely day yesterday. DD and I went to a museum in our town. Having only just moved before lockdown we never got to truly explore our new town. We then sat and had a drink in the outdoor cafe there and it was just lovely. I think we are all appreciating things so much more now. When we got home, I spent ages sorting out different loads of laundry. Now that I'm working until 6 most evenings I have been getting behind on my household chores and I can see piles of chaos appearing everywhere.

I've been doing an online maths course as well. It was a bit slow and waffly to begin with, but it's really good now, so I've got another couple of videos to watch for that.

There is a 'well-being' event on in our local park today with lots of free demos and workshops, so I'll research that a bit and then we may or may not pop along.

Have a lovely day everyone. x

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Another Sunday afternoon, and I'm sitting outside another dance studio

I'd thought about going for a walk or a wander into town, but I don't have the energy! I have my accounts with me to get up to date, but I'm listening to the radio and eating lunch! There must be a local football match on, as parking is limited at the best of times, but cars are being 'abandoned' everywhere.

I went for a walk with a friend yesterday and pottered around in the garden.

Trying to book DD a physio appt for tomorrow ... there is one available to book, but the system kept throwing DD out ... she's left a message, but as the appt is at 7 am ( don't ask! ) and they are shut today, I'm guessing no one will get back to us in time ( as I'm not getting up at 6am for no reason on my day off! )

Hope your chinese was good Mouse, and your local museum sounds great Maza.

Enjoy the day everyone.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Afternoon everyone! Basically have had a bit of a weekend due to elderly parents. I have been babysitting my dad all weekend as my step mum is in hospital and he doesn't want to be home alone, it's been quite a challenge . I keep going backwards and forwards between his and mine as having to look after the dog too but from tomorrow my step brother is taking over for a few days. Dad has carers going in but has lost his confidence about being home alone so we are staying over night too. I have been leaving him for short periods of time that coincide with his carers going I have great admiration for those who provide care for the elderly and you Dragonfly as I do believe you have said before that as well as working full-time and are a carer .

I was supposed to be watching the football with dad but he says he is going to bed early.

Hope you have all had better weekends x
    Pixie Dust

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh Pixie dust sorry to hear you are having a tough time. When I was younger I had no idea how challenging it would be to take care of elderly relatives. I was aware of people doing it but just took it for granted that that is what adults do. I never realised how exhausting it is, both physically and emotionally. It breaks my heart to think of people who don't have relatives to look out for them. Hope your step mum gets better soon. Are you able to give yourself some slack and plan an easy-ish week next week?

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes pixie dust. I’m a childminder and also a carer to my mil who’s 93 with dementia and she lives alone. I have early morning carers mon-fri I go every day and 2-3 times at weekends. It’s very challenging.i also walk my dog at the fields at 5 am and he comes out with the children and myself, husband does late afternoon walk,so a long day.

I hope your step mother isn’t in hospital too long and your dad settles down.Elderly people tend to behave like children especially with dementia but I hope your dad hasn’t that.Glad you have some help now as I can imagine how you are feeling.

On a brighter note the sun is shining we have just been on a adventure ( child’s choice) lots of running about looking under logs stones for bugs. On the way back a child spotted blackberries luckily I carry a snack box in my baby bag , as you do! Emptied that and we done blackberry picking to the 3 year olds delight.

Tired children having lunch now .

Hope things return to normal soon pixie dust.

9. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes pixie dust. I’m a childminder and also a carer to my mil who’s 93 with dementia and she lives alone. I have early morning carers mon-fri I go every day and 2-3 times at weekends. It’s very challenging.i also walk my dog at the fields at 5 am and he comes out with the children and myself, husband does late afternoon walk,so a long day.

I hope your step mother isn’t in hospital too long and your dad settles down.Elderly people tend to behave like children especially with dementia but I hope your dad hasn’t that.Glad you have some help now as I can imagine how you are feeling.
    Wow what busy and long days you have! Thank fully everyone is a lot better now my step mum is recovering well from her operation and my dad is doing well, he had a stroke a year ago and is a lot better than he was but he will never be quite the same again. The carers only go in once a day now.
    Pixie Dust

11. Likes Dragonfly, Maza liked this post