Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default It's the weekend!

Not that there's much of it left!

Yesterday I completed a speech and language course at an in person training day. It was lovely to catch up with everyone in real life. Even though we've had zoom meetings and I chat to some of them online, it's not the same as seeing them in the flesh. We had so much to talk about and the trainer was very understanding when we spent too long chatting at lunchtime!

This morning I've been catching up on a bit of paperwork. I've been filling in my diary for the summer holidays, working out which children I'll have when. Some of my children are term time only and don't come at all in the holidays. Some are term time only but book in for occasional days when I've got the space. The others are all year round, but will be having holidays in August, plus I'll be having a week off. I've filled in who will definitely be here, so I know what days I can offer to other children. It's all looking good, unless anyone decides to swap days between now and the end of term!

Now that everything's up to date, DH and I are going to nip out and get a coffee. We were going to go for a walk but it's raining and I don't fancy getting wet today

Enjoy what's left of the weekend

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Snap Mouse I have been sorting out numbers for the summer too! DS1 came on a flying visit didn't actually see him much though as he was catching up with friends.
    Unfortunately my dad had a fall which has resulted in a hospital stay so I have been to visit him. We have been lucky with the weather as its really sunny here today so I have enjoyed some time in the garden relaxing. It's one of those weekends which seems to have disappeared rather quickly.
    Pixie Dust

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I had my final new starter around yesterday morning for a settling in session. I wouldn't normally do it on a Saturday but it was the best fit for everyone. He was a robust little 14 month old so no tears whatsoever. He starts tomorrow for a full day.

Today we went to collect an IKEA order from a local outdoor store. I had just ordered small stuff, like bibs, aprons, plates, nappy mat etc so it wasn't worth driving all the way to our closest IKEA. Then we had a look around Dunelm but managed not to buy anything.

DH is working on our bedroom. We moved out of the bedroom a couple of weeks ago but then he was so distracted by moving his mum into the care home that he didn't really have the chance to start on the bedroom. Gosh I can't wait until it is finished and we can move back into it - we've got bedroom stuff all over the house and it's a bit chaotic.

We're still trying to catch a glimpse of our new neighbours across the close from us. I might pop a card round later to introduce ourselves.

Have a lovely weekend everyone.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about your dad's fall Pixie. Hope he is on the mend. x

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

evening all.

Where has this weekend gone? !!!

Glad your course was fun Mouse, and so sorry to hear about your Dad Pixie.

Good to hear settling went well Maza ... fingers crossed for tomorrow!

I don't know what i did yesterday ... I was busy, but don't seem to have done anything! Today DD was dancing, so I did a bit of shopping, and then, as it was the last one of the term/year, we went out for lunch and she did some shopping

Remember how I said I didn't want caterpillars as it was tooooo stressful? ... I'm looking after my neighbours animals & house whilst they are away .... they had caterpillars, which had just ( they said ) turned into Chrysalis ....so last night .... 2 butterflies were waiting for me !!!! so I was busy chopping fruit and then this morning ... phew! no more! fingers crossed no more tonight!

it's been hot/cold/muggy/blue skies/grey clouds on and off all day ... but no rain!

7. Likes Maza liked this post