Good morning Friday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Friday

This is my last Friday at home alone DH is changing jobs and won’t be working on a Friday any more. While it’ll be nice to have a day off together, it’s also been very nice to have the day off by myself! I haven’t worked on a Friday for a long time and it’s always been my day. I lost the day during lockdowns, when everyone was home, but I’ve got used to having it back again. He’s busy planning all the things we’ll be able to do with the long week ends while I’m busy mourning the loss of my free time

So today, I’m off to town to meet a friend for coffee, cake and a natter. If the weather improves we’ll get takeaway and wander to the park, but it’s looking a bit overcast at the moment. While I’m in town I need to get some birthday cards and a couple of presents. I’ve got a run of birthdays coming up over the next few weeks so I’m going to be prepared.

Then this evening I’ve got the fun of doing a LFT before my course tomorrow. I don’t like doing them, but it’s a small price to pay if it means we can be there in person!

Enjoys your days everyone.

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Have a nice day Mouse. Hope it stays dry and ooooh, maybe you could encourage your DH to take up an activity on a Friday! I always miss my Mondays when it's a Bank Holiday! DH sometimes says he could take the day off for us to do something! I sometimes try to talk him out of it! Now I don't need to take DD to school, I manage a lie in!

We've just been pottering at home. One child is into maps at the moment, so we found a map and plotted a walk and then followed it ( in the drizzle! ) back home to draw our own maps and write directions etc.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We've been to the field again this morning. We took bubbles and balls. I'm trying to train my new mindee up to walk safely with me when out and about, so because my other mindee leaves a couple of hours earlier than him, I have been taking new mindee out on a little walk without the pushchair just before dinner. We don't get very far and he definitely needs the reins, but it will be nice to not have to rely on the pushchair when we are anywhere but the field!

I'm really glad that I have got new mindees, but it means I don't get my 4 o'clock finishes anymore - which were wonderful. What is the latest time you all finish?

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Have a lovely Friday Mouse, hope it stays dry.

We had a very exciting morning as one of my mindees had a visit from their new reception teacher today, they are going to a different school rather than our local school so it was nice that the teacher came out to visit.

I'm really glad that I have got new mindees, but it means I don't get my 4 o'clock finishes anymore - which were wonderful. What is the latest time you all finish?
    I finish at 5pm 4 nights a week and at 5.30pm the other, I love finishing at 5pm I used to regularly finish at 6pm and I don't think I could go back to that. From September Fridays will finish a little earlier at 3pm which is part of my plan to eventually stop working on Fridays but I keep forgetting about that
    Pixie Dust

6. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i finish between 5.30 and 6 pm every evening, BUT only work 4 days a week.

I start at 8, although will be starting at 7.45 3 days a week from september. However it is a reception child, so they don't need quite so much attention!

8. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I finish between 5.30 and 6 too - but on Mondays only until 4pm, which will seem wonderful. I also start at 8.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie dust View Post
    We had a very exciting morning as one of my mindees had a visit from their new reception teacher today, they are going to a different school rather than our local school so it was nice that the teacher came out to visit.
    That's really nice Pixie Dust. I've always invited the reception teachers here when I've had children who haven't gone to the school nursery, but none of them have ever taken me up on the offer.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    What is the latest time you all finish?
    Term time I finish at 4pm one day and by 5pm the other days. During the holidays it's 3.30pm finish one day and 4pm the others.

I don't really like working after 5pm. I did early mornings and long days for years, so I think I've earned my late starts and early finishes

12. Likes Maza liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    That's really nice Pixie Dust. I've always invited the reception teachers here when I've had children who haven't gone to the school nursery, but none of them have ever taken me up on the offer.
    I was surprised when the school phoned and asked if they could visit and I think it was a really positive experience for the little one heading off to school, the reception teacher from our local school has never been to visit and most of my children end up going to the local school but having said that we often stop and have a chat with her at the school gate so the children do know who she is.
    Pixie Dust

14. Likes loocyloo liked this post