Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Thursday

Good morning everyone.

It's the last day of the week for me, but a busy day with three 2 year olds here. They're a lovely bunch, but on the go from the minute they arrive till the minute they go home. The day certainly goes quickly for me

Even though it's overcast and we're forecast rain, we'll spend as much time as possible outside. At the moment the children are enjoying playing with ball pit balls. They're not ours, they've all come over from next door! We often get footballs coming over, which I throw back, but we must have had 40 ball pit balls come over the fence during the last few weeks. I did start off throwing them back, but it got ridiculous, so I've been collecting them up for my minded children to play with! If next door come and ask for them I'll give them back, but otherwise we'll keep using them! It's not even as if the children next door are young. I'm sure the youngest must be at least 8. The children here love going out first thing in the morning for a ball hunt

Has anyone got anything nice planned for the weekend? I'm on a training course on Saturday. I normally moan about having to do weekend courses, but it'll actually be nice to get out and see other people. I'm sure there'll be as much chatting and catching up as there will be learning

Have good days everyone.

Registered Childminder since
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello mouse. Sun keeps going in but when it’s out it’s very warm. 3 children 2, 3 and 4 one asleep two playing play dough.

My last day today for a couple of weeks, I need a break with working and looking after a elderly person every day of the week.

Gosh, 40 ish balls! They can’t be bothered about them or they would knock and ask for them back. Bonus for your mindees.

I’ve got safeguarding to do next year and so hoping we can go back to group learning by then, I’m so not a computer person, half an hour and it makes me feel ill.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

i wouldn't bother throwing them back either Mouse.

I've got my little one day a week mindee here. It's her third day. She's quite grumpy on and off but at least my other mindee seems to be learning to block it out now instead of joining in. When she went to bed we made a cake. I think i might make every Thursday a baking day so that he has something to look forward to when she is here.

This morning we went on a walk to see the cows in the field. Then we painted some cows - I got some card cut outs/templates of farm animals from The Works and they are really cute.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We have had such a quiet time this week with my full timer being on holiday and the days seem to go on for ever where normally they fly by We have been outside this morning then this afternoon the two put on a puppet show or two!

What is your course about Mouse ? I can't wait until our LA put face to face courses back on as we are still using Zoom.
    Pixie Dust

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We had a busy day visiting the library and petshop, and doing jobs.

We've had sun, cloud and a big thunderstorm on the afternoon school run!

As it is midsummer's day we have been making solar picture's using a kit I bought online. It worked best with big leaves and solid things. Grasses weren't so good! We've had fun though! 20210624_161428.jpg

6. Likes Mouse, Maza liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post

As it is midsummer's day we have been making solar picture's using a kit I bought online. It worked best with big leaves and solid things. Grasses weren't so good! We've had fun though! 20210624_161428.jpg
    That's great Loocyloo.

You're going to have to give us all lessons on how to post pictures. I'm sure you're the only one who can do it

8. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie dust View Post

What is your course about Mouse ? I can't wait until our LA put face to face courses back on as we are still using Zoom.
    It's the final session of a speech and language course. The others have all been done online, so it's really nice that we can do the last one in person.

10. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post

Gosh, 40 ish balls! They can’t be bothered about them or they would knock and ask for them back. Bonus for your mindees.
    That's what I thought. That many balls can't have come over by accident so they're not being very careful with them.

Enjoy your time off Dragonfly. I'm exhausted just from doing this job so can only imagine how tired you must get when you're caring for someone as well. I hope you get some decent rest time xx

12. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    That's great Loocyloo.

You're going to have to give us all lessons on how to post pictures. I'm sure you're the only one who can do it
    only when i post from my phone !!!! and then, it doesn't always like the photo!

it's really simple ( says she! ) ... under where you type the message is a box saying 'attachments' and then 'manage attachments' .. click on that, and you can 'add files' ... find photo and press whatever it is to say 'yes, that photo' and then it is in your folder, and you then click to 'attach inline' or something like that and voila! a photo appears !!! ...
    maybe we ought to have a forum photo comp !