Good morning Tuesday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Tuesday

The sun is back this morning so I'm hoping it stays. Yesterday was cloudy all day with drizzle on and off. I'm never happy - it's either too cold and I moan, too hot and I moan, too cloudy and I moan! I wonder if I actually have an ideal weather

Are you all still doing regular lateral flow tests? I had been doing them twice a week but got out of the habit of doing them. A few friends I've spoken to don't do them, but I wonder if others do. I've recently been on a couple of in-person training courses and have done tests before those, but I haven't done them otherwise. I did an antibody test a couple of weeks ago and I have still got antibodies from when I had covid, so I think that means the chance of me getting it again is much lower. I'm not sure whether to order some more LFT kits.

What are your plans for today? Once all of the children are here we're going to go for a walk to a local building site! When we drove by last night I noticed they had a huge crane on the site so we'll go and have a look at that. I've set the tuff spot up outside with sand and construction vehicles for when we get back, so I'm hoping it doesn't rain!

Maza, I still haven't watched Time, but I do plan to. I guessed it was probably violent, but I can cope with that! Did you ever see Sean Bean in Broken? That was really good and was written by the same person who wrote Time. I don't remember it being particularly violent though. I need to find something new to watch now that Sewing Bee has finished.

Have good days everyone.

Registered Childminder since
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

‘The pact’ was good mouse if your not watched it . On i player. You may of seen it on bcc. I don’t get much time in the evenings to watch tv so if I do it’s usually on catchup.

Today we done sunflower pictures as we are growing sunflowers. I must r3member to stand the outdoor ruler up next to the sunflowers. This morning I didn’t have a clue what activity to do then I suddenly thought sunflowers!

We went and fed the ducks then played in the garden.

Quiet time now two asleep, another busy quietly.

Still doing lateral tests but getting fed up of doing them. How do you get an antibody test? If we have had the two vaccinations which I did sometime ago do we still need to do them every week?

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have some LFT kits but haven't used them in a while to be honest. I live in an area that hasn't had any confirmed cases for quite a while now so have stopped rightly or wrongly!

We went to our local library today for the first time since Covid so that's well over a year, the children were super excited but in reality it wasn't that great. The library has been stripped bare including the flooring, there are minimal books out on display, lots of book cases have been removed and the children section had a few boxes of books to look through but nowhere to sit and share a story like we used We returned our books which we have had for a year then just grabbed a mystery grab bag and left. I tried to make the visit a bit more exciting by making big thing about our mystery bag of books and the highlight for the children was following the arrows to find our way back out. Our library visits used to be such a lovely experience.

Mouse we love a walk up to the building site, it has become a regular thing inspired by Maza as she shared about her walks a few months ago.
    Pixie Dust

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Such a shame your library trip was a disappointment. I haven’t been since last March but thought I may go soon, maybe I won’t.what was in your mystery bags?

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We have a lovely sun here, but it's a bit cool!

We've met a friend in the park this morning and had fun playing, and I'm now waiting outside DDs school (yes, she's left, but comes in 1 day a week for music making! ) to take her to orthodontist.

Been a long day .... and it's only 1.30! My new starter last week has cried, with anger, alot of the day! On the positive side, she wants to be held and cuddles in very tight, but continues to complain. And then when she has to be put down so I can change a nappy etc, screams blue murder. She's quite heavy and doesn't like me to sit down, but I am sitting down! She did sleep for an hour and a bit on and after morning school run, but wouldn't give in earlier, so we've been for a drive around the countryside! She was happy in the park!
    I know we'll get through this, but it's hard going!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Pixie dust you made me laugh saying that I inspired you to go to a building site I tell you, that was my saving grace throughout lockdown. They've nearly built all the houses now so we don't see as many vehicles as we used to.

It's the first day for one of my new mindees. He's been fab, which meant my current mindee didn't have to burst into tears every two minutes either. My new mindee has got bags of energy and so we spent the morning in a big gated field where he could run around safely. I'm not ready to trust him in the woods yet as he wriggles out of holding my hand at the moment.

Pixie, I also want to know what was in your mystery bag!

Mouse, I haven't seen Broken - I'll look into it. Pact rings a bell though Dragonfly.

We managed to book a 'holiday' last night. Is everyone else finding that prices have gone through the roof? I say holiday - it's only 4 nights away and in some lodges which are just a 55 minute journey away. We are taking the dog so needed somewhere close as he isn't great in the car. I can't wait.

8. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Glad your new starter is going well Maza. That's great.

We booked a cottage in Northumberland for a week in August ... it was a bit more than we usually pay, and in the middle of nowhere! But the cottage we'd rented last year was almost half as much again as we paid last year!

I'm bored with doing LFDs .... but as DD still going into school, we have to do them, and I do feel a bit safer doing it, although cases in our district are very very low. When my last pack arrived, I was also sent a PCR to use and send off, and filling in a form with my LFD test info, so they can check/ track that LFDs are 'working' ! Both negative. I should be having an antibody blood test in next week or so, so that will be interesting as my last one, 10 days after my 1st dose of vaccine, came back as 'no antibodies' ! Then last time they couldn't get any blood! fingers crossed they do next time, as I'd like to know.

10. Likes Maza liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Our mystery bag had 6 books aimed at pre schoolers and a colouring in sheet so nothing of any major excitement I am afraid

We have a cottage booked at the end of July which we got a reasonable price as we booked it a while back when everyone thought they would be going abroad this year! The prices have gone through the roof though as we have been looking for a weekend break later in the year but I can't justify the prices.
    Pixie Dust

12. Likes Maza, Dragonfly liked this post