Good morning Tuesday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Tuesday

It's looking to be a lovely day today. It's quite cool at the moment but the sun is out so it should warm up.

I've got the water tables set up outside again and I was going to get some flower petals for the children to add to the water to make potions. I went to pick some flowers, but couldn't bring myself to do it! They're flowers we've grown in the garden and I feel bad about picking them. I stood looking at them, thinking "I can't do it" I'm going to have to send DH to Aldi for a cheap bunch of flowers instead

Tonight it's the final of Sewing Bee so I need to check what time it's on. I'm sure most of my usual programmes will be moved because of the football but that's one I don't want to miss.

Today we're going to make our Father's Day cards. I found some stereotypical men stickers (footballs, cars, motorbikes etc) in the cupboard so I think I'll just let the children loose with those and some coloured card. I'll set a craft table up outside so they can dip in and out as they want to. They can even stick leave on if they want to...just not flowers

Have good days everyone.

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We made our FD cards this morning, but I think I might need a plan b, lol. I found some cute daddy bear and baby bear colouring sheets online and asked mindee to pick one. He picked a bit of a freaky looking one which wasn't on my shortlist, but he was adamant that that was the one he wanted. Then I gave him some brown paint - but for once he decided to cover most of the paper in paint and so now you can't really see the outline of the bears. It just looks like a pile of dog mess. I don't even think I can bling it up with glitter. I've printed it off again and I'm going to give him some brown crayons and colouring pencils instead.

Has anybody been watching 'Time'? It's supposed to be really good.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Morning ... just!

I'm typing this on my phone as I gently occasionally rock the buggy whilst my new little one falls asleep! They've done really well and are settling very nicely. It was funny earlier..DD came down and had a white shirt on and wavy hair. LO crawled over to her and howled to be picked up. Had a lovely cuddle and then howled when DD left for school! ... think she vaguely looked a bit like mum!

We've collected flowers and petals from all over the garden, but I've only let them pick the 'old flowers "because the bees need the new ones"! ... they've all been floating and dancing in the water tray!

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

I can understand you not wanting to pick your flowers mouse . I usually wait till we’re out and about ( no I don’t take them from peoples gardens!) collect from hedgerows etc wild poppies are nice to collect.

Or just go to Aldi and buy a bunch so much less hassle.
    Hadn’t actually thought of buying them !

5. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Afternoon, we have had a lovely day in the garden again, we have been making the most of it as it looks like the weather is about to change for us after tomorrow. We started our Father's Day cards which has changed slightly as someone wanted to make a picture of their dad so thats what they all decided to do today instead so totally child led!

One of the parents arrived 10 mins early today( it was dad instead of mum and he always arrives early) so I cheekily made a comment about being early the trouble is that there were children already here so they think it's alright to be early but I was just finishing eating breakfast and that 10 mins makes all the difference.
    Pixie Dust

7. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

No wonder I couldn’t find what time the Sewing Bee final is on tonight…it’s on tomorrow! It’s Holby I watch tonight.

9. Likes Maza, loocyloo, Pixie dust liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh Mouse that made me laugh!

Oh Pixie, that must be soooo annoying. I'm just about to update and send out my arrivals and departure policy. I want to almost give my 3 new sets of parents a list of dos and don'ts so that they don't get into bad habits.

11. Likes loocyloo, Pixie dust liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Pixie, that really bugs me too, when a parent drops of early and you already have children in, so can't be 'busy'/not answer the door! I have resorted in the past to saying that my insurance only covers them for their contracted or prearranged hours! I have once suggested that the parents increase their contracted hours, and that solved it. I did say though that although i don't mind a couple of early, every moment counts before i start work, so if they could sit in the car and wait, that would be great !!!

13. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post

I want to almost give my 3 new sets of parents a list of dos and don'ts so that they don't get into bad habits.
    That’s exactly what I do! In my introductory information I give a list of dos and don’ts. It includes don’t arrive before your contracted time, don’t collect after your contracted time, pay on time, don’t send sick children. Then, I take turns to reiterate the points in my newsletters in the ‘as a reminder’ section!

To be honest, I think I scare parents a bit

15. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post