Good morning Friday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Friday

It’s a bit cooler again today but we’re still forecast very hot weather for the weekend so I guess it’ll start to heat up soon.

I’ve got a few bits of admin work to get done today, but nothing much else planned. DD has her second covid jab this evening so I’m going with her for moral support. She has a real needle phobia, so was very anxious when she went for her first one. The staff at the vaccination centre were excellent. They spotted her getting anxious so took her out of the queue, fast tracked her to get it done, had someone stay with her the whole time and even walked her back to the car. I know a lot of them are volunteers and I have to say, they’re doing an amazing job.

Who on here is a footy fan? Not me, that’s for sure! My heart sank when I realised the Euros start today. It’ll now be weeks of the menfolk shouting at the TV and me missing my favourite programmes because the times have changed to make way for the footy. Th only interest I have is how far my teams get in the family sweepstake

Enjoy your days everyone. Not long to go and the weekend will be here

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm enjoying a lovely quiet day with my one mindee. We washed all the flannels and aprons this morning and I thought it would be lovely to have him hang them up as an activity. Gosh, I had forgotten what it was like to have a two year old 'helper', lol! He was very enthusiastic but nearly broke our clothes airer (or whatever you call them!)

We're off for a walk soon. We're going to look at a 'really tall' church steeple because we are focusing on size at the moment.

My MIL was taken to her care home yesterday. I'm pleased to say it went smoothly. She is under the impression that she is there for two weeks whilst her own house gets fumigated. The owner of the home has been so lovely and has whatsapped DH a couple of photos of his mum having a cup of tea with another resident etc. At the same time I was sending photos of my new mindee to her mum showing her how she is settling. We are at peace with where MIL is and know we have made the right decision.

Mouse that is so lovely of the volunteers to look out for your daughter like that.

I'm not a football fan either, and neither is DH, but there is some rugby tournament starting soon too, and he's rugby mad.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

That is so kind of the volunteers Mouse. I have to say, all the volunteers at the vaccination centres have been so lovely.

So glad to hear your MIL has settled well Maza.

And I loathe football! No more to say!

We're at the beach. I didn't have any school runs to do today, so we were here at about 9.30 and we're not leaving anytime soon! (But we do need to leave by 3!) We're having a lovely time. ... it's a bit cloudy but warm. We've met lots of nice people, but one child kept coming and talking/ trying to take our toys ( which were lined up by our mat next to us!l) whilst we were eating lunch, and I chatted but said just said 'sorry those are our toys'. If the adults had said 'sorry' and told child to leave them, I'd have asked them if they wanted to play with us later. But as the adults told the child I was a mean rude woman who wouldn't share as they walked off, no way was I going to offer! My boys were then funny ... when they had finished lunch they collected all the toys to the side away from this other family and are playing there! A lady sitting that side laughed and said she didn't blame them!

4. Likes Maza liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Maza so glad your mother in law is okay and settling down.must be a weight off your minds knowing she’s okay.

Loocyloo I went to the post office with a mindee the other day first time in 14 months felt guilty but they were fine. Still not gone anywhere where there’s others people/ families nearby yet. Maybe September 2022!!!!!!!

Actually I do see another childminder in our garden so that’s a start, yeah brave aren’t I?

Hope you had a lovely time at the beach apart from the women saying you were rude.

6. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh loocyloo! How shocking! I can't imagine the size of the bag you must have taken to spend a whole day at the beach with several children! I bet they had a fabulous time.

8. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Oh loocyloo! How shocking! I can't imagine the size of the bag you must have taken to spend a whole day at the beach with several children! I bet they had a fabulous time.
    ... I took the single buggy, even though I didn't need it particularly for a child! 2 bags for life with toys/ towels/ clothes. Backpack cool bag with snack/ water and lunch bits. Big mat and my little backpack with first aid, purse etc in ! And I used my slaves ( sorry, I mean minded children ) to carry a few bits! They are very good, and are used to carrying stuff!

10. Likes Maza, Dragonfly liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Loocyloo you do make me laugh . Did you feel like a bag lady with all that stuff.

12. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Loocyloo you do make me laugh . Did you feel like a bag lady with all that stuff.
    Always