Good morning Thursday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Thursday

That’ll serve me right for moaning that it was too hot yesterday - it’s turned quite cold today! The sun is trying to break through the clouds so I think it will warm up again. It was just a bit of a shock to get up this morning and feel cold!

Thursday always used to be one of my quieter days, but one of the children is coming an extra day now so it means I end my week with a busy day. At least I can have a lie in tomorrow to recover

With all the time we spend outside, particularly when the weather’s good, do you find you get a good tan? Last night I was saying to DH that despite the amount of time I’m in the garden, I never really tan. I’m normally very pale so you’d think I’d burn, but I just go mildly red then back to pale. I don’t strive for a tan, so it doesn’t bother me, but I found it interesting that some people tan easily while others don’t tan at all.

Has anyone planned anything nice for the children to make for Father’s Day? I found a stack of paper plates when I was hunting through the cupboard, so want to plan something that uses up some of them. I’m not sure what though. I need to have a look online for ideas.

Enjoy your day everyone.

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Morning, it's still quite warm here but we have had a few clouds every now and again which makes it feel pleasant and not too hot! We have been outside but have had to come in as one of my little ones was looking a bit red faced with being hot!

I don't have anything planned for Father's Day, it will be last minute panic I am sure ! Any ideas gratefully received

I always smoother myself in suncream at the same time as the children, I have noticed that I have quite a tan on my arms and have noticeable tan lines on my arms and feet! I normally wear short sleeved tops but today I have a sleeveless top and the top of my arms are white then a distinct line where my sleeves normally end
    Pixie Dust

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Afternoon.

We've been out at the zoo and playing in the water. It's been very overcast, but warm. Everyone is asleep now, but got to head to school shortly!

I never used to tan when I was a teenager, but I do now. I guess I've damaged my skin along the way, although my mum and DD tan very easily.

No idea for Father's Day. We usually only make cards, so I'm after inspiration! In the past we've done a multicoloured handprint and stuck googly eyes on 'from your little monster' ...

I'm delighted to say that I have had 2 emails from ofsted ... one saying DDs DBS has been issued and all sorted. It was noted on my file and basically letters and emails are computer generated and not to worry about them, and the other saying ' they have updated my file and sorry for any inconvenience'!!!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Loocyloo you must be thrilled to have that sorted.

Oh my gosh I'm exhausted. I had my 14 month old for a settling in session. She cried on and off and was pretty clingy, but generally as one would expect on a first day. The problem was my current mindee who is normally so settled. Each time the new one started crying he would completely fall to pieces - you know, the type of crying where they are almost making themselves vomit. The new one wears eco nappies and they are not as straight forward I thought they would be and she had a very leaky nappy. I felt a bit thick! Then mum and dad collected and they are a bit intense and are doing my head in a bit. Mum keeps asking questions about how I mange this or that and I'm not sure what they make of my answers.

Anyway, I don't need to see them for another week.

7. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Maza, it is GREAT! ... just awaiting the 'suitability' letter and for DD to have her DBS in her hand!

Sounds like a hard session. It is hard for little ones who are not used to having other little ones around to deal with sharing you, and to cope with the crying. I have a 3 yr old mindee who will cry if one particular child cries or sometimes even looks at her it is wearing, but it is also much better than it was. They'll all settle down together.

I have a set of intense parents who ask me all sorts of random questions about how i do something etc, but i put it down to first time parents ( who now have a second child, but are still as bad ) who see me as the 'oracle' of ALL things vaguely related to small children and expect me to have the answer at my fingertips! usually, at the end of a long day! they always used to be the last parents to collect, but currently I usually have another child's parent waiting to collect ( or i can say i need to do XYZ with child ) and they leave. This is great that they don't come in any more, as before they would come in, and i just couldn't get them to go! I used to have to say that i had to go out to collect DD and actually GO !!! leaving them faffing around!

9. Likes Maza liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Loocyloo, what a relief to finally have that sorted!

Maza, it's often tough when you introduce a new child - for the new one and the current one. Hopefully they'll soon settle in together and will become the best of friends.
    A couple of years ago I looked after a child who was non-verbal, but very loud. She'd shriek and squeal, which would set one of the other children off crying. The non-verbal child didn't like the crying, so would get upset and become even louder. It was a vicious circle and I used to have to just sit trying to cuddle them both and calm them down! Luckily it wasn't long before they got used to each other and could both cope with the other one's noise!

Hopefully the parents will settle into it all as well before long. It can be exhausting when they're so full on.

11. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post