Good morning Friday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Friday

What a wonderful week off I’ve had. After all the rain we’d been having, it’s been a week of glorious sunshine. It was almost too hot on Wednesday!

I had planned to have a big sort out of resources this week, but that hasn’t happened as I’ve been out so much. We may not have gone away anywhere, but it feels as if I’ve hardly been at home.

DH is off as well today so we’re going to nip to town this morning as I need to get a few birthday cards and presents for this month. We’re going to have lunch out then go and visit our daughter for the afternoon. She’s recently moved into her own home so we’ve said we’ll go and help sort her garden. The plan is to let DH cut the grass and do the weeding while we go to the garden centre to get some plants!

Enjoy your days everyone. I hope you’re still enjoying sunshine wherever you are.

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha Mouse, that's the kind of delegating I like to come up with! Don't tire yourself out at the garden centre!

I'm making the most of the next few days with just one mindee - I have three new starters throughout June. I had a 14 month old for her settling in session yesterday. She was lovely but lost it for the last 40 minutes or so and just cried which set my current mindee off. The initial euphoria of finally having signed up new families is beginning to be replaced by the reality of it all! This was the little one who impressed me with all of her baby signing - well yesterday the parents were verging on irritating me. They stayed for a little while in the garden to help her settle and to fill in a couple of permission slips and they almost seemed to be showing off signing every single word and concept to her. I know this is why she is so good, bless her, but it felt as if some of it was for my benefit if you know what I mean. Maybe I'm just feeling a bit over sensitive at the moment as we have a few things going on with our own families. They were just a bit intense.

Mouse, did you watch Peter Rabbit with your grandson? DD and DH saw it yesterday and they said it was really good.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hope things settle Maza.

Sounds like a lovely week Mouse.

We left at 9 to head to the woods ... done the gruffalo spotters trail using the app to watch animations, had a picnic lunch, played in the park, had a bug hunt, watched clouds, counted daisies and it's still only just gone 1! I have one little one flaked out asleep on the rug in the shade, another "resting and 2 playing happily and I'm enjoying the sun on my back! Not planning on being home till 4!
    I know I've worked, but it has felt like a holiday this half term!

Then we have visitors for tonight and tomorrow... I know I have minded children in, but it's going to be odd having people to stay!

4. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

loocyloo that sounds like you have had a great day....we headed over to the park for the first time in a very long time but then after an hour it started to rain, the children arrived this morning in summer clothes and sandals so we headed back home.

Maza I am sure things will soon settle and you will get yourself in to a great routine.

I am happy that I survived the week, every school holidays I say I will only have a couple extra but then I end up with more

Have a great weekend
    Pixie Dust

6. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Ooooh loocyloo, I like the sound of the gruffalo app - is it free? I don't even know how to download an app Sounds like you had a fabulous day.

8. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Ooooh loocyloo, I like the sound of the gruffalo app - is it free? I don't even know how to download an app Sounds like you had a fabulous day.
    YES! i only do free apps!

go on app store and search for gruffalo spotters 2. You won't be able to see any animations unless you are at a gruffalo spotters trail ( check out Forestry England --- Gruffalo Spotters trails | Exciting family day out | Forestry England -- can also download some gruffalo activities to do anywhere! ) whilst we were out today, there were a couple of grown ups doing it .... with no children ... who said 'we're not mad, we're doing this for our grandchildren who live abroad' which i thought was lovely. I told DH, who said 'i thought you were going to say they were childminders

10. Likes Maza liked this post