Good morning Wednesday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  12
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Wednesday

How’s the week going? Have you all been enjoying the sunshine?

We had a lovely long Bank Holiday weekend with a family BBQ, a trip to a farm with our grandson and plenty of time just enjoying the good weather. I’m not working this week but had my grandson for the day yesterday. We got the bus to town (he was very excited by that) and met up with my youngest son for lunch.

Today I’ve got the day to myself so I’m getting a few jobs done and sorting some bits for the charity shop. I dropped some stuff off at the weekend and had a quick look while I was in there. I managed to get 2 of the big Disney princess soft dolls for 50p each. One needed a couple of stitches in the arm, but that was easily done. A quick spin through the washing machine and they’re as good as new. I know the children will love them next week.

Last week I had an email invitation to do a covid antibody test and the kit for that has arrived this morning. I need to have a proper look at it then get it done. As I’ve had covid, I’m hoping I’ll have some antibodies. Interestingly, a friend did the antibody test a few months ago and got a positive result, despite not knowingly having had covid. She couldn’t even remember a time when she’d felt ill so it’s a mystery to her when she might have had it.

Enjoy your day everyone. I hope none of you are working too hard!

2. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Morning!

I've had a busy few days. I have three new starters in June and so it seems like every other day I've had a parent here for a first visit, then another for a second, then another to drop of contracts etc. They all start settling in visits in the next few days. They are all being taken out of nursery (different nurseries) so they should be used to being left. I think during covid nurseries have been indirectly forced to become more impersonal, and it's just not sitting right with some parents. I've had at least three other inquiries where parents have been wanting to take them out of nursery (but I haven't been able to take them on for one reason or another, usually early morning starts). It must have been very hard on nursery staff.

Have a lovely day everyone.

4. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Love finding something good in a charity shop.

I’ve had several enquiring about a space here lately, mainly for September.
    I agree about the nursery bit.
    During the lockdowns I haven’t stopped reading closely to the children ( they love to snuggle up) or giving them cuddles when needed.

6. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

That's interesting what you say about your new children coming from nurseries Maza. I've noticed a lot of the parents I've had enquiries from are quite adamant they want a childminder not a nursery. Unfortunately a lot of the local childminders are now full so they don't always have that choice.

8. Likes loocyloo, Pixie dust, Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Afternoon!

How come it's Wednesday evening?!

We've been out and about lots, with more days out planned! ( and best of all .... my house is looking tidy!!! )

Is anyone else doing '30 days Wild' with the wildife trusts. Lots of outdoor ideas and activities.

Well done and good luck everyone with new children. I've had a few enquiries, but I can't offer a space for about a year!

10. Likes Pixie dust, Maza liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We have been loving this weather, lots of water play out in the garden. We haven't been out anywhere as I have a few older ones too and logistically its tricky. Tomorrow I have 7 in the morning including one rather disgruntled 11 year old who doesn't want to come! It's funny that when they reach year 6 their time with me naturally comes to an end as they feel too old to come to a childminder.

Mouse did you see that the BBC are stopping Holby and it will finish next year. I am a bit sad about that as I do enjoy it even when the storylines do get a little far fetched.

Enjoy the rest of the week, fingers crossed this weather stays with us.
    Pixie Dust

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow Pixie, good luck for your busy day! Oh no, I'm sad for you and Mouse regarding Holby - it's so disappointing when something good ends. I'll be very sad when Call the Midwife ends. I've just started watching the last series.

Loocyloo I'm not doing the 30 days wild this year. I've done it in the past but can't commit to anything new at the moment - I know you can miss a day/drop out, but I don't like doing that, lol. Are you enjoying it so far? Does it encourage you to try new things?

13. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post

Loocyloo I'm not doing the 30 days wild this year. I've done it in the past but can't commit to anything new at the moment - I know you can miss a day/drop out, but I don't like doing that, lol. Are you enjoying it so far? Does it encourage you to try new things?
    There are a few new ideas, but nothing that we haven't really done. A few I can't do with the minded children such as watch a sunset, but I'll do that on my own! We're outside, doing nature-y things the majority of the time, but it's nice to have a 'goal' !

15. Likes Maza liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie dust View Post

Mouse did you see that the BBC are stopping Holby and it will finish next year. I am a bit sad about that as I do enjoy it even when the storylines do get a little far fetched.
    Yes, I did see it, then 2 of my sons messaged me to tell me! I do think the storylines have been a bit weak lately, but I will miss it.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Yes, I did see it, then 2 of my sons messaged me to tell me! I do think the storylines have been a bit weak lately, but I will miss it.
    My sons did the same, they were joking with me making sure I was ok
    Pixie Dust

18. Likes Mouse, Maza liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie dust View Post
    My sons did the same, they were joking with me making sure I was ok