Good morning Tuesday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Tuesday

The sun is shining so we're in the garden. We've got to make the most of it before the rain starts again. Our rain jars collected a lot of water yesterday!

Today I've got 2 feisty 2 year olds here. They've done nothing but argue about 2 particular toys all morning - the toy garage and the click-clack car track. I've tried sitting with them and encouraging them to take turns, but that didn't work. Now I've got them playing separately but no matter which toy I give them they want the one the other one's got. I'm going to pack both toys away soon if it continues and get out the basket of bean bags instead. They can burn off some frustration throwing them round the garden!

This morning I've had a delivery come in a big cardboard box. The ground's too wet to bring it outside so I'm going to save it till we're inside later. I have hundreds of toys, but I know they'll have most fun with an empty box! I've got paint crayons and stickers ready so they can decorate it. It's a long, shallow box, so will be perfect for them to sit in. I'm thinking it's a boat or bus, but I'll let them see what they want it to be. Probably something completely random DH won't be happy, but I'm planning on keeping the box all week and seeing what it evolves into.

Enjoy your days everyone. I hope you have some sunshine wherever you are. I'm fed up of rain now!

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Morning. We've been out too and it was lovely. I think the rain is about to start though. We passed a charity shop and I had seen a wooden trolley/pram type of thing in there the other day and so today we bought it. The lady brought it out to me and we had masks etc. It will be nice though when we can pop into shops without feeling guilty. I was going to set up a role play shop the other week but I don't know if my mindee has ever been in one - his parents have been really careful throughout covid.

I'm toying with the idea of putting mindees to nap downstairs. Previously, I lived in a flat so we were all on the same level. I have been using an upstairs bedroom, but I'm thinking that I might like to keep upstairs out of bounds. Not sure which room I would use though. Do you use upstairs/downstairs?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Not sure which room I would use though. Do you use upstairs/downstairs?
    I have always slept children downstairs.

I've never come up with a satisfactory risk assessment for sleeping them upstairs, especially if there are also children who don't sleep, so I don't do it. I'm fortunate that I have a downstairs room they can sleep in. I'm not sure what I'd do if I didn't have a separate space.

4. Likes Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Afternoon.

We've been out a local ( ish ) aquarium for mindees birthday. The other 2 I usually have today, have both ended up being off today, so it was just us! Been really nice! The sun has been shining, we've had rain and hail too!

I sleep children downstairs on mats in the dining room. We don't go upstairs for anything.
    At my old house I had them upstairs and I could hear everything. When I took a child up/ down, everyone else had to sit on the stairs!
    I prefer to sleep my little ones in a lie flat buggy outside.

6. Likes Maza liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We had a lovely morning out in the garden but that's all changed now as we currently have a thunder storm!

I use downstairs for sleeping, I can set up the travel cot downstairs and I also have sleep mats that the older ones use. At the moment I don't have any sleepers but last year they all used to lie down after lunch for a little rest.

Maza you always seem to find the good stuff at the charity shops
    Pixie Dust

8. Likes Maza liked this post