Good morning Thursday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Thursday

It's another grim morning. I'm fed up of rain now and crave a full day of sunshine and warm weather. We've got a Bank Holiday at the end of the month so I guess that'll guarantee bad weather then as well!

Yesterday I had an enquiry for childcare. The parent wanted flexible days throughout the week, would tell me by 7am each morning if I was needed that day and what hours I'd be needed for and only wanted to pay for the hours they used. Her friend would also bring her child if the 'price was right' for 2 children! Sadly I don't have any spaces so wasn't able to help, but wished them good luck in their search! If I'd had space I may have considered an ad hoc agreement, but on my usual terms and at a premium rate, definitely not a reduced rate for her and her friend.

What's everyone got planned for today? It's one of the children's birthday at the weekend, so we're having a little celebration today - with cake! One of the younger children spotted the cake in the kitchen yesterday and kept pointing at it, saying "ooh, cake!". He'll be excited today when he knows he can eat some of it

Other than that, we're just going to go with the flow and see where the day takes us. The children are still a bit under the weather with the cold we've all had, so I'm having to factor in some rest times for when they feel a bit bleurgh! When we haven't been in the garden, we've been spending a lot of our time on the sofa, reading books together. It's been quite nice really and I've been able to introduce some new books into the mix.

Enjoy your days everyone.

Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Having seen it was world bee day, we're doing some bee stuff! I've got a bee colour matching game, and have found the toy bee s, and a couple of books. I''ve found some hexagon shapes so we'll be trying to make patterns.

Sadly, I think we're unlikely to find a bee outside!

We were forecast torrential rain .... it's cold and grey but shhhhh! Still dry!

Stay warm everyone!

Lol Mouse at your enquiry. I think some parents don't understand childminders/childminding, but unless they ask, they never will!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

When you get 'unusual' childcare requests, don't you just wish you could find out where they end up going for their childcare? That's so funny Mouse!

Loocyloo, apparently the next wanderlust box is on bees. I bet there will be some lovely stuff in it. Your activities sound fun.

My mindee has just suddenly developed an interest in dinosaurs, so we've done a bit (and I mean 'a bit', lol) of painting on a biggish dinosaur cut out that I had. We've watched and learnt the song '10 Little Dinosaurs' from Youtube. When my mini tuff tray arrives tomorrow I think my first set up will have to be a dinosaur one! It's really windy out and is raining on and off, so don't think we'll be outside much today.

Oh Mouse, I think it was you who mentioned 'Glow Up' - the make-up competition. We watched it last night (DD is showing an interest in make up suddenly) and it was quite good. Not sure we'll get hooked and watch the whole series, but it was interesting.

Pixie dust, how was your online training last night? I was also booked on it but didn't do it in the end as we were having some nice family time and I didn't want to stop. I'm on a course with my LA this evening on the new EYFS, so it will probably be similar.
    Last edited by Maza; 20-05-2021 at 11:05 AM.

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Maza I have dinosaur overload here over the years. Done dinosaur crafts. Biscuits , pretend play etc you name it.

Compost on the tuft tray, greenery also some big stones makes great play for little ones with the dinosaurs.

Have a pot of dinosaurs next to sandpit also.

5. Likes Maza liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We have been lucky and have been out in the garden this morning exploring gloop, it's not very warm but at least it's dry!

Maza I had a few sound issues with the training last night and so did a few others as there were a few people complaining, I think it was probably down to the number of people accesses the webinar, there was only me at home using the internet so I don't think the trouble was my end. The training was ok but I did find myself switching off and my brain wondering off thinking about other stuff My hard copy of the new framework arrived today so I will read through that later.

I agree that even now people don't understand the role of a childminder and I am not sure if that will ever change.
    Pixie Dust

7. Likes Maza liked this post