It's another grim morning. I'm fed up of rain now and crave a full day of sunshine and warm weather. We've got a Bank Holiday at the end of the month so I guess that'll guarantee bad weather then as well!

Yesterday I had an enquiry for childcare. The parent wanted flexible days throughout the week, would tell me by 7am each morning if I was needed that day and what hours I'd be needed for and only wanted to pay for the hours they used. Her friend would also bring her child if the 'price was right' for 2 children! Sadly I don't have any spaces so wasn't able to help, but wished them good luck in their search! If I'd had space I may have considered an ad hoc agreement, but on my usual terms and at a premium rate, definitely not a reduced rate for her and her friend.

What's everyone got planned for today? It's one of the children's birthday at the weekend, so we're having a little celebration today - with cake! One of the younger children spotted the cake in the kitchen yesterday and kept pointing at it, saying "ooh, cake!". He'll be excited today when he knows he can eat some of it

Other than that, we're just going to go with the flow and see where the day takes us. The children are still a bit under the weather with the cold we've all had, so I'm having to factor in some rest times for when they feel a bit bleurgh! When we haven't been in the garden, we've been spending a lot of our time on the sofa, reading books together. It's been quite nice really and I've been able to introduce some new books into the mix.

Enjoy your days everyone.