Good morning Monday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  18
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Monday

For once this weekend seems to have lasted a decent amount of time. Maybe it's because I didn't do much so it actually feels as if I've had a break!

I've got a quiet start to the week as 2 of the children are off with colds. I feel a bit guilty as I know they'll probably have caught it from me, but then I caught it from one of the others in the first place!

What's everyone got planned for the week? If the weather doesn't improve, we're going to do some rain related activities! I've saved some jars which we're going to leave outside to catch rainwater. We'll mark the jar each day to see how much rain we get through the week. We're also going to collect rain water and see what else we can use it for. So far all I can think of is water the plants or washing the garden toys. I'm hoping the children come up with other ideas themselves because my mind's gone blank I suppose it depends how much rain we get. If the sun comes out we might not have enough to fill a teacup!

Enjoy your day everyone

2. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad you are feeling rested Mouse.

Loocyloo - before I forget (again), I think it was you who asked who I did my first aid with. I did it with Cognet. They were good. I actually really enjoyed my first aid course after all the moaning I did beforehand. I think it has been so long since I have been in a room full of people that it seemed like a social event! The leader was really charismatic and funny, and as a group we were all on the same wavelength, so there was a lot of banter and laughter.

This morning we have made some currant buns. We're just waiting for them to cool and then we're going to add a cherry on top of each one. Our activities this week will be loosely related to the currant bun song.

DH has just set off for IKEA. We need a full length mirror for DD's room and IKEA seem to be the only place with a decent one at a decent price. He's also getting me another long sleeved bib. I bet (hope) he comes back with more than a mirror and a bib!

Have a lovely day everyone.

4. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Enjoy your quiet week Mouse. I like the rain idea! .... could you use it for water colour painting? Or making a pond?/play pond/swamp?!

I'm pleased you enjoyed your course Maza. I've not heard of that training company. Lol ... Good luck with ikea trip! I've currently got a full basket on the ikea website .... but am holding off until I can go to the store and actually look at a few bits! Let us know what else DH comes back with! Last time DH went without me, he came back with 3 large bags of meatballs!

I've spent this morning returning clothes DD bought at weekend, but couldn't try on till we got home! And other assorted jobs. I need to make a birthday cake for a mindees birthday tomorrow and get set up as have prospective parent visiting ( well, I say prospective ... unless we really don't get on/child is a horror, it's pretty much agreed! ) ... I said I wasn't taking on any more schoolies, but I got messaged by 2 different parents for reception children from Sept, and actually, it will work with who I already have and they are young enough to 'mould' !!!

6. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Ooooh, what's in your basket Loocyloo????

Good luck with your prospective parent! One of the parents I saw a couple of weeks ago has just emailed back to book a second visit. I haven't met the child yet, so like you say, unless the child is a horror, it looks like I will sign them up.

Feeling slightly bleeuuugh now as I wolfed down two currant buns, and several very sticky cherries.

8. Likes loocyloo, Pixie dust liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

ooo, love a currant bun!

Good luck with new mindee!

In my Ikea basket I have a changing mat, some childrens table mats, the flisat table ( keep seeing amazing inserts for it on etsy ( like one to put in over a light to make stars etc! ) plus trofast boxes to go in it, some more 'hama' beads, I'm toying with a set of their china play plates/glasses etc, some serving dishes for us, and also their plastic zip lock type bags for the kitchen; they are strong, seemingly last for ever, come in lots of sizes and I seem to use them for everything! .... sounds like on of those memory games !

well i#ve been really busy this afternoon - but i don't actually seem to have done anything i needed to do!!!

10. Likes Maza, Pixie dust liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Like the jar collecting rain idea have done in the past but with a brought rain catcher.

Loocyloo you sound like the generation game definitely memory game.

We have made a lovely sausage dog collage as a family has just got a puppy one. So beautiful the collage I want to keep it! I’ve mounted the collage and shown the child how to print out the name and put it underneath.

Tadpoles have legs now, won’t be long till there back in their pond up the road.

Glad your cold is better mouse , glad your children are staying off with their colds my ones didn’t.

12. Likes loocyloo, Pixie dust liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Dragonfly that's so sweet doing the sausage dog collage because the family have just got a puppy - isn't that the lovely thing about childminders? That we can be so personal.

Looclyoo I will be very envious if you get a flisat table. I really want one. Well, my DH is back and he was fairly restrained. He got the mirror that he went for, and instead of getting me one bib he got two, which is great. He also got the ziplock bags which were on his original list. The only other thing he got was a pack of two tea towels. I didn't dare ask him to look for flisat tables. We have the china tea set thing. I really like it but mindee isn't quite old enough for a breakable one yet. I haven't seen the placemats, I'll have to take a look.

14. Likes Pixie dust, loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I need a trip to Ikea. I can't think of anything I desperately need, but there's plenty I want!

DS went at the weekend and grabbed me some more boxes for the Kallax unit. The ones I had were getting very tatty. He face-timed me while he was walking round so I could see which boxes they had. I kept sending him in different directions so I could have a look round - he wasn't impressed!

16. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

I don’t know what the tables are, will have to look later.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i don't know that i WILL get a flisat table! i just really like them !!!! ... i'm not convinced that they will stay clean and tidy looking! I was given some lovely playdough, and within in minutes the children had dropped it all over the floor nothing stays 'nice' at my house!
    Last edited by loocyloo; 17-05-2021 at 05:37 PM.

19. Likes Dragonfly liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Just been reading though all your messages ....I would love a trip to Ikea we don't have any near us its nearly about two and half hours to our nearest one but I do like to go to Ikea when we visit DS2 at uni as it's literally next door to the hotel we use but for obvious reasons we haven't been to visit.

Not a lot has happened here today just a nice calm Monday.

Hoping the rain will stop soon as I need to walk the dog and go to the shop as we are just about out of milk and iI can't do anything in the morning until I have had my cuppa to start the day
    Pixie Dust

21. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

You mean your children’s play isn’t like those on Instagram loocyloo? Oh you do disappoint me ! Playdough always ends up on the floor here, well bits of it.

Life doesn’t exist without a cup of tea pixie dust.

23. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Life doesn’t exist without a cup of tea pixie dust.
    So true
    Pixie Dust

25. Likes loocyloo liked this post