Good morning Friday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Friday

It’s my day off so I’m sat in bed with a cup of coffee and some toast, made by DH before he went to work.

At lunchtime I’m going to meet a friend for food and a natter. It was lovely and warm when we booked the table a couple of weeks ago and the idea of sitting outside was quite nice. Unfortunately it’s turned really cold now so it doesn’t seem as appealing! We’ll wrap up warm and hope we’re so busy chatting we won’t notice it’s freezing!

When I’m back this afternoon I’m going to sort my wardrobe out and get rid of all the things I’ve been keeping for years, just in case I decide to wear them again ( or just in case I fit in them again one day!) I’ll send some to the charity shop but I’m going to try selling some as well. Despite DD telling me my clothes weren’t the sort of thing that sold on Vinted or Depop, I had a look myself and there are similar things listed. I think she just didn’t want my clothes on her selling account!

Have good days everyone.

2. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck with the selling Mouse!

I've got a parent coming at 5pm this evening, so I'm trying to make as little mess as possible today. My mindee leaves at 4 so I'll have an hour to give the house a once over and dig out a couple of baby toys for her little one who is 6 months - current set up reflects my almost 2 and a half year old mindee. I do like my outdoor meetings though. You don't have to be so paranoid about every nook and cranny (I walk them through the downstairs to get to the garden) and if it is cold they won't hang around beyond what is necessary.

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We had a lovely morning at toddlers. Lots of space and open windows ( it was freezing! ) The children all played very well and even those that had never been to a toddler group before were soon exploring. There were alot of babies, but they stayed in the other hall. No messy / sensory play or craft. We all took our own snacks and the children sat near their adult ( on the floor ) for snack. There were chairs spread around the room ( distanced ) and each 'family' had a chair to put coat/bags etc on/by. It worked well and felt self. Obviously the children mixed and adults did move around and chat. We couldn't sing as more than 6 adults, but I did a storytime at the end, and we said a few rhymes.

We have a huge dark grey cloud overhead, so am expecting a downpour any moment! The children are planning a mass painting session this afternoon... have 2 asleep and the other 2 are playing with the small world toys.

Lol Mouse .... my DD won't put my stuff on depop either ! And god luck tonight Maza xx

6. Likes Maza, Dragonfly liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Loocyloo our groups are only outside.( and obviously Mrs over cautious me isn’t going to them lol) .lovely that you done story time.

Mouse how lucky are you to have tea and toast in bed

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Mouse how lucky are you to have tea and toast in bed
    It doesn't happen often! He owed me though as I stayed up late last night doing some of his paperwork for a meeting today.

9. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Your toddler group sounded lovely Loocyloo.

I'm going to wait until September before I go back. I'll then have to find a new one to go to because the one I was going to has closed.

Maza, how did your parent meeting go?

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My parent visit went well I think. Such a lovely mum and the most gorgeous, smiley baby. She doesn't want the space until November so she's just in the initial stages of looking at several options. I have turned down the last three sets of parents who visited me and so I was beginning to wonder if I was too fussy and maybe not cut out for the job, but this mum has restored my faith in my own instincts. DH loved them too, lol.

I have another mum visiting tomorrow and one on Tuesday - both want spaces from September. They both sound lovely too.

Hope you didn't get toast crumbs in your bed Mouse.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have two new children who should be starting in September and the parents have provisionally booked spaces without actually visiting yet as I haven't done new parent visits yet but have said I will do visits in starting next month one family live just across the road so I do 'know' them but they haven't actually seen my set up yet and the other family have come via another family. The places have been reserved subject to visits as they didn't want to lose the place. I am hoping that once I have met them it will all work out well. I have been lucky that I think there has only been one family I have turned down as I didn't feel right with them. All my new ones(3 of them) are going to be 1 year olds I think it's going to take a while to get back used to little ones!

Maza have you seen the teaser for the May wanderlust box ?

Enjoy the bank holiday weekend everyone.
    Pixie Dust

13. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Pixie - are you charging them to reserve the places? Are the places available now or are they currently taken up by children who will be starting school? (Sorry to be nosy, I'm new to the concept of people wanting spaces so far in advance).

I did see the teaser! What do you think?

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Pixie - are you charging them to reserve the places? Are the places available now or are they currently taken up by children who will be starting school? (Sorry to be nosy, I'm new to the concept of people wanting spaces so far in advance).

I did see the teaser! What do you think?
    Maza these are spaces that aren't available until September as they are children moving on to school, one of them is going to school and her baby sister is then taking her space!

I did think the wanderlust box was intriguing I think mine would love the item she shared but haven't ordered one.
    Pixie Dust

16. Likes Maza liked this post