Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Thursday

I'm sure I've got the right day today

Can you believe we're almost at the end of April? In some ways the month seems to have flown by, but in other ways it seems to have been a long month with just about every sort of weather we could possibly have - sunshine, rain, snow!

Did everyone catch Sewing Bee last night? I was sorry about the person who went home as they're one of the ones I'd really liked. One thing I don't get is the transformation round. I get that they're turning one item into something else, but I'd have expected them to come up with something that was actually wearable. Obviously the judges are looking for something different because the winning outfit always seems to be the one I think looks the most unwearable!

What are your plans for today? We're heading off out for a walk soon to drop our books back at the library. I still wasn't sure about taking the children in, so I've been collecting books on a Saturday and when we're finished with them we drop them off in the box outside the library. It saves me taking the children in, but they still get some sort of experience of returning books.

Enjoy your days everyone.

2. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Morning.

Yes, April has been a mad month of weather!

A lot of our local playgroups seem to be starting up again. They are allowing a limited number of parents in though and so you have to book - some are booked up in advance already. I haven't been to any playgroups in this area at all (moved house) - but I have noticed that there aren't any free ones. Does Surestart even exist any more? I loved the surestart playgroups where we used to live - they were by far the best ones around - it's amazing to think that they were free.

Not really sure what we'll get up to today. Mindee is happily playing with the lorries right now. We'll head off out soon, but mot really sure which direction we'll go in once we get out of the gate.

Loocyloo - did you hear anything about your hygge box?

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Morning!

We had an online group this morning which the children loved and they are now happily finishing off some crafts. After lunch we will be heading out in to the garden.

Our library is open but you are only allowed to take one child in so we still haven't taken our books back which we have had for over a year now I plan to drop them back on a Saturday but then something happens and then I forget.

Maza I don't think Surestart is around any more most of our children's centres closed due to funding , we have one main hub open but what they provide is very limited compared to what they used to do.
    Pixie Dust

6. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Afternoon.

We went to feed the ducks, but it started to rain heavily so the minder we were meeting, said to come and play in her garden as she has a covered area! The children all had a brilliant time.

I'm off to toddlers tomorrow.... we had to prebook ( but one of the organisers is one of my 'mums' so she prebooked me because she said that I do loads to help them and had in fact, written their 8 page risk assessment for them! ... I wrote it, but they had to decide on risks and how to mitigate them etc! ) They have been over whelmed by mums with babies wanting to come, most of whom have not been before, so it's going to be interesting. Hope they don't get fussy about my hulking 3&4 yr olds!

Our library is open in the mornings, and one 'family group are allowed in at a time in the children's section, but we've been busy and haven't actually got there yet!

No reply from Hygge at all Maza I'm a bit upset about it really. I've emailed a couple of times before and always had a friendly, helpful speedy response. This time, no response ( other than automatic reply ) for over 2 weeks ( despite sending a couple of emails. I looked at contacting through Facebook, but it's just the same email address. I'm getting lots of emails from hygge though, so it's not that my email is wrong! I don't know how else to find her, as I can't find any other contact details.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh loocyloo that's annoying about your hygge box. I have seen people contact her on FB regarding orders - you could pm her on there and if you don't get a response you could comment on one of her posts - I find companies often respond quickly to that because it is public. I have seen her respond to others in this way. Hobbycraft finally responded to me very quickly when I did this after getting no response from the recommended channel of communication.

Back to playgroups - if you have to fill out track and trace details when you attend, does that mean that if you got contacted afterwards that you would have to isolate/close for whatever the recommended time is? That is putting me off a bit because I can't afford to close while I isolate.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Oh loocyloo that's annoying about your hygge box. I have seen people contact her on FB regarding orders - you could pm her on there and if you don't get a response you could comment on one of her posts - I find companies often respond quickly to that because it is public. I have seen her respond to others in this way. Hobbycraft finally responded to me very quickly when I did this after getting no response from the recommended channel of communication.

Back to playgroups - if you have to fill out track and trace details when you attend, does that mean that if you got contacted afterwards that you would have to isolate/close for whatever the recommended time is? That is putting me off a bit because I can't afford to close while I isolate.
    The contact me bit on Facebook is just her normal email .... maybe I'll have to comment on a post! I do think you get a quicker response 'in public'!

We'll just have to sign in with contact details for toddlers .... yes, I'm guessing I'd have to shut if anyone tested positive ... it's a risk, but if everyone is being sensible, then it should be OK. No one wants to have to isolate.

10. Likes Maza liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Loocyloo I think I’m so untrusting. I wouldn’t go to a group at the moment as I think not everyone would isolate if tested positive. And I don’t want to be in that position of having to isolate ( though I would if I had to) . Some people are very blaze? About it “well lm Young and fit and children don’t get it bad”.

I’m meeting up with the other childminder gardens or out and about fields etc.But can’t face groups yet.Due second vaccination any day maybe I’ll feel better then but bet I don’t lol, kids pick up things from other children in groups and it would be just my luck.

Glad you feel confident enough to go though.

12. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Loocyloo I think I’m so untrusting. I wouldn’t go to a group at the moment as I think not everyone would isolate if tested positive. And I don’t want to be in that position of having to isolate ( though I would if I had to) . Some people are very blaze? About it “well lm Young and fit and children don’t get it bad”.

I’m meeting up with the other childminder gardens or out and about fields etc.But can’t face groups yet.Due second vaccination any day maybe I’ll feel better then but bet I don’t lol, kids pick up things from other children in groups and it would be just my luck.

Glad you feel confident enough to go though.
    A bit of me is wary, but everyone has to sign to say they don't have symptoms etc. Most mums I know are being cautious so fingers crossed! X

14. Likes Maza, Dragonfly liked this post