Good morning Monday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Monday

Here we are again...the start of another week. These weekends really do fly by!

It's quite sunny here at the moment but nowhere near as warm as it has been. It's a bit deceptive. It looks nice when you're inside but then it's really quite cold when you come outside. I need to learn to check the temperature before coming out in my flip flops! My feet were freezing and I had to go back indoors for socks and trainers.

Did everyone have a good weekend? Ours was mainly spent sorting the garden. DH had booked a slot at the tip so we (well, I) wanted to get rid of as much 'rubbish' as possible. DH & I do have differing opinions on what's classed as rubbish and what should be saved. I'm quite ruthless (when it's not my stuff) and I know he hides stuff in his shed so I can't throw it out! I did manage to get rid of the old garden chairs and a couple of broken planters and he agreed that the garden looks better with them gone.

What's everyone got planned for this week? This morning we've spotted loads of butterflies in the garden, so we're going to do some learning and activities about butterflies. I haven't decided what yet, but we've got plenty of books to get us started!

Enjoy your days everyone.

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Afternoon!

another day, another birthday here!

I'm having a tidy up of the utility room ... it is only small, but it seems to be the dumping ground for everything and anything !!!

It's sunny here, but chilly out.

I'm trying to get hold of Kimberley from 'Hygge in Early Years'. My April box never arrived, and she said she'd send another one ... which never arrived! I had signed up for a rolling subscription, and the paypal payment went through, and then a week later I got an email telling me it hadn't and to set it up again ... but wanted me to pay again !!! so I emailed about that as well ... no response. I've just tracked her down on facebook, so am going to try through there! bit disappointed, as everything is so lovely!

enjoy your days. x

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh loocyloo that's so irritating! I had to contact her once (I was looking at the blurb for the Reggio course and the next thing I knew it was in my inbox and I had been charged). She got back to me immediately, refunded me but let me keep the course, so hopefully she will be in touch with you soon.

Mouse, we're also going to do a butterfly craft either this afternoon or tomorrow, because we've been seeing loads too. Mindee has been loving Hairy Maclary recently, and today when we were out and about we saw a dog walker with lots of dogs and we gave them all names from the book - so, we're also going to do a little dog craft too. I bought some dog templates years ago from Poundland which have been hanging around in the craft box, so we'll decorate one of those.

We had a stunning walk around a local nature reserve today. Has anyone seen any ducklings yet? We haven't. We did see some baby moorhens last week which were gorgeous.

For those of you with sand/water trays - where do you put them at the end of the day? Do you put them in a shed or just to one side in the garden?

5. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks Maza, She's always been really quick to respond before, so the slowness now is annoying! My local sorting office/postie is great, and i know there are no issues there, so if it has gone astray, it has happened before it's reached my area!

I love Hairy McClairy too. Years and Years ago, I picked up a DVD of Hairy McClairy stories from woolies! They are exactly like the books. just wonderful! I expect they are on Youtube !!! each one was about 5 minutes long, so just right!

We saw some ducklings last week, and a minder who lives near the pond says there are even more now! baby moorhens are my favourite though

The children were colouring in some small butterfly card shapes that they found in the 'paper' tray ( goodness knows how long they had been there! ) and one decided she wanted to hang it on a stick, so we put a little bit of wool on it, then tied the wool to a stick, and they all had so much fun 'flying' their butterflies around!

My sand and water trays live out the whole time. I have my sand in a tuff tray on a stand and sometimes I cover it, but usually leave it. Mine are at the side of the garden, in a graveled/paved area that is given over to childminding with the play house/outdoor toy shed/little table & chairs etc, which is easy to access from the back door, which means we can play outside without having to go on the grass.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh I wish I'd attached a stick and wool to our butterfly this afternoon! I bet that was such fun.

8. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

That's Monday done .....we are patiently waiting for our caterpillars to form their chrysalises, I think because it's still a little cold it's taking a little while. I really have got a bit lazy with planning and haven't planned anything this week. I have one child who is showing signs of being delayed in his physical development and everything seems to be focused on him at the moment, I am working with mum to get him moving forward but it is really baby steps and I am concerned as they start school in September, they have some real issues which no one else seems to concerned about it including the Health visitor.

My sand and water trays stay outside all the time but I am lucky enough to have a covered area that stay under during the winter months.

Anyway I am off to have a soak in a lovely warm bubble bath, we did a lot of walking over the weekend and my muscles are suffering a bit today.
    Pixie Dust

10. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post