Good morning Wednesday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Wednesday

What's happened to the sunshine? Yesterday was glorious - sunny and so warm. Today it's cold and overcast. Certainly not what I ordered!

We've been out for a walk this morning as I'm training the 2 year olds up for walking longer distances. One walks really well, but the other one has a habit of getting tired after a short while, sitting down and refusing to move again! By the time we go back to toddler group (probably not till September now) I'd like them both walking properly. It's not far and I know they can manage the distance, I just need to make sure they can do it reliably. I'll have a younger on in the pushchair and I really don't want to have to get a double pushchair or a buggy board.

It's week 2 of Sewing Bee tonight, so that's something to look forward to after a busy day. By the time it starts I like to have eaten, finished everything that needs doing and be in my PJs

I saw a couple of you asking about my water table yesterday. This is the one I've got:

G1782337 - Sand and Water Clear Tray and Stand | GLS Educational Supplies

It's not cheap, but I'm really happy with it (and I sold one of my others to get it!) . I've now got that water table, a bigger sand/water table, a small tuff tray table and a normal size tuff tray, so I think I cover every eventuality! I have to say, the small tuff tray table and the smaller water table are used daily (indoors and outside) so I have definitely got my money's worth out of them!

Enjoy your days everyone

2. Likes loocyloo, Dragonfly liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We have lost the sunshine too today. We have been for a walk this morning up to the new building site near us (inspired by Maza and her walk).

Has anyone gad any major work done to their house whilst childminding as we are planning on having our kitchen completely ripped out and redone which will take a couple of weeks . I plan on keeping open while the work is being done. Do I have to tell Ofsted about the work does anyone know ? Obviously I will do a risk assesment.

I haven't watched last weeks sewing bee yet !

I have some homework to do tonight for my S.E.N.D course which I thought I had plenty of time but suddenly I only have tonight left
    Pixie Dust

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks Mouse .... that looks great.

It was cold and overcast here this morning, but now the sun has come out and it's quite pleasant! We've come to a local farm today. I'm making the most of not having to do school runs, and only needing a single buggy for 18mth old to nap in! It was a bit busy earlier, but most people have gone, so we're enjoying the play area.

I've got little one who is 2 shortly, and can/ does walk well, but I need to spend this summer getting him ready to walk the school run from autumn. He is a VERY large lad and looks squidged in my buggies. I can take one if out for the day for naps, but he really is too big and heavy.

Looking forward to sewing bee too.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a bit cold and overcast here too. We've been in the garden all morning, playing with water. Your water tray is lovely Mouse - I'd love that one.

We watched the sewing bee last night - we're a bit behind. I did laugh when Patrick got the giggles at that dress with the cats on it and then the trousers with the 'red triangle'! I think the right person went - she was one of the ones who I found slightly irritating - I hate it when someone I like goes!

Last week I did my charity shop runs! I managed to pick up some beautiful Melissa and Doug wooden cars in a lovely wooden sorting tray - they were like new. I'm staring at them now at the other side of the playroom and I'm so chuffed with them.

7. Likes loocyloo, Dragonfly liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Pixie .... DH 'remodelled' the sitting room and then the kitchen at our old house. It was an interesting few weeks!!!! I just made sure that 'works area's were not accessible, and I had meals prepped ready etc. We also went out A LOT and had lunch at friends! I didn't tell ofsted, but did write a RA!

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    Pixie .... DH 'remodelled' the sitting room and then the kitchen at our old house. It was an interesting few weeks!!!! I just made sure that 'works area's were not accessible, and I had meals prepped ready etc. We also went out A LOT and had lunch at friends! I didn't tell ofsted, but did write a RA!
    Thanks, I am planning on being out for most of the day. I hate the thought of all the mess and disruption.
    Pixie Dust

10. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Like the water table mouse.i need to go to a charity shop, bet I don’t pick up Mellissa and Doug not that lucky.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Like the water table mouse.i need to go to a charity shop, bet I don’t pick up Mellissa and Doug not that lucky.

Dragonfly, I'm not usually lucky at all with charity shops - that's why I was so proud this time and telling everyone who would listen about my bargain! On FB and instagram you often see childminders post photos of their latest 'charity shop haul' and they have tons of stuff and paid hardly anything for it. I really need to find their charity shops!

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

I need there charity shops also.

14. Likes Maza liked this post