Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default It's the weekend!

What a busy couple of days it's been. So much for a day off

Everything's done now though so I've got a free evening and a quiet day tomorrow. DH and I are having a takeaway tonight. We just need to decide what we'll have. I'm tempted by Chinese but his favourite is usually pizza so we're going to have to battle it out!

Did you all watch Prince Philip's funeral this afternoon? I was out until mid afternoon, but just made it back in time for the minutes silence and the funeral. I thought it was very dignified, but I did think it was sad seeing the Queen sat by herself.

What's everyone got planned for tomorrow? Hopefully the weather will stay nice (it's been lovely and warm today) so DH and I are going to head off to a garden centre to get some plants for the garden. It's a nice drive out and a lovely place to wander round. I'm not sure if we'll be able to get anything to eat there, so we'll pack a picnic and a flask of coffee. Then it'll be home to plant up some tubs of flowers.

Enjoy the rest of your evening!

2. Likes loocyloo, Pixie dust liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm already missing lockdown! Been halfway round the country (it feels!) with DD and tomorrow is looking just as crazy!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    I'm already missing lockdown! Been halfway round the country (it feels!) with DD and tomorrow is looking just as crazy!
    You'll miss it when she doesn't need you to driver her round anymore! DD has danced from the age of 2 so I've done years of ferrying her around to lessons, shows, dance shops and competitions. Most of her dance friends are older than her, so once they could drive, she went with them. Then once she could drive, she'd take herself. I haven't been needed for a long time...other than to pay for it all

5. Likes loocyloo, Pixie dust liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    You'll miss it when she doesn't need you to driver her round anymore! DD has danced from the age of 2 so I've done years of ferrying her around to lessons, shows, dance shops and competitions. Most of her dance friends are older than her, so once they could drive, she went with them. Then once she could drive, she'd take herself. I haven't been needed for a long time...other than to pay for it all
    I know!, she's already talking about when she can drive herself, and yes, all her dance friends are older ... due to lockdowns, no one is driving yet ... but it won't be long!

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I had planned a busy day but spent most of the morning talking to various people on the phone. It was lovely to chat though. By the time I’d got through a few chores it was 2 o’clock and I sat and watched the funeral. I love seeing the service people on parade and listening to the music. I was in the may queen for 5 years and we had to walk behind a band on a couple of the walks and I loved it. I was mayqueen of Bromley and for the whole 5 years my mum made all the dresses, head dresses and either bags or bouquets as well as a banner, cushion for the crown, the crown, princes outfit as well as hat and cane and the queens dress and cloak and train for the whole troop which was anywhere between 8 to 11 girls. I really don’t know how she did it and have never considered the work involved. Funny how reflective one can be on occasions like today. I really felt for the queen. It’s hard to lose your husband but to have to sit apart from your family and stay composed throughout, I admire her and hope she keeps going forward many more years to come. I suppose so many people during this past year have had to do this too and it make me think how hard it must have been for those people.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I watched the funeral too - so now I'm totally behind on my chores - the house is a tip! I was so relieved that the queen at least travelled with a lady in waiting in the car. It was just so sad seeing her alone in the chapel though. What an amazing example they set though to the rest of the world with the social distancing and facemasks. I did get a bit choked up when I saw his hat on top of his coffin.

Today I just have to clean and tidy up - every room is a mess. I also have to walk the dog - I'm sad that I won't find any freebies now on my dog walks as everyone will take their stuff to the charity shops now that they are back open! That makes me sound terrible, but I'm only saying in tongue in cheek.

I had my jab on Friday night. I had a mild headache yesterday, but I am prone to them so it might not have been down to the jab.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Everyone! as always the weekend has flown by.

Yesterday DH has his sister and her family over for lunch in the garden, they have a 6 year old who thinks it great to be able to come and play with all my toys They left just as the funeral started, I did feel for them all having to do all that under the glare of the world. The bit that got me was watching the lone piper, very emotional.

Today we had to pop to the shop quickly then my mum popped in on her way back from church but it was a bit chilly in the garden so she didn't stay for long. We have just been for a walk around the local nature reserve and it was a lot quieter than it has been the last few weeks.

We are now about to enjoy a Sunday roast then looking forward to watching Call the Midwife later.
    Pixie Dust

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Ooooh Pixie dust, I can't WAIT for Call the Midwife. It's my absolute favourite.

11. Likes Pixie dust liked this post