Good morning Thursday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Thursday

I've got a quiet day today. It's a nice way to spend the last day of the Easter holidays. We're going to go for a walk this morning, via the library to check on their opening times. I'm still not sure about taking the children in, although pre-covid it was usually very quiet and we were often the only ones in the children's section.

Dragonfly, I thought of you this morning when I got up to go to the toilet at 5am! It was still the middle of the night and I was half asleep. I am in awe that you can be up and about that early and still survive the day. I'd be falling asleep by lunchtime! As it was, I went back to bed for another couple of hours sleep

Did everyone manage to see Sewing Bee last night? I really enjoyed it. There are a couple of people I've already taken a shine to and the odd one or two who I already find annoying! I did think the dress they had to make was a very tricky sew for the first week. No wonder some of them struggled.

Once I've finished work this afternoon I'm going to go to town for a look round the shops. I can't remember the last time I went to town, but it must have been before Christmas. I've been reliably informed that it hasn't been particularly busy all week, so I'm going to risk it! I do want to go for a few bits, so I'll have a wander round while I'm there. I'm not sure what's putting me off going. I don't know if it's the worry of covid, or the dislike of crowds and queuing!

Have good days everyone.

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Morning!

Yesterday, I went to the charity shop at 4.30 when my mindee had gone home. I needed to draw some money first - but my mind drew an absolute blank and i could not remember my pin number! It's been so long since I needed it - the few times that I have been to the shop during the last year I have paid by swiping my card, so no pin number needed. Anyway, my card got cancelled because I put the wrong number in three times. I saw a couple of bits that I might have bought in the charity shop, so I might have to go back this evening! DH sorted out the unlocking of my card, oh the shame!

Poor DH is having a really tough time with his mum. She has dementia and needs to be in a care home for her own safety. She is refusing. It's almost impossible for him to sort as she lives in another continent, with laws which are unfamiliar to us, and he obviously can't fly out to help her. This morning, the one remaining brother who was against her going into a home has finally agreed that she needs to, so that's one less obstacle at least. It's got to the point where she is making up terrible stories/lies about all of her family to try and get people 'on her side' and to turn us all against each other. Fortunately, the lies are so fantastical (if that's the right word) that they are literally unbelievable, but it's still very upsetting.

Anyway, I'm having a lovely time with my mindee this morning and we're off for a walk soon.

Enjoy your shopping Mouse, don't spend too much!

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Afternoon!

We went to feed the ducks and saw tiny ducklings! I think I was more excited than the children though!

Off to collect my hoardes from school soon. Luckily it's nice enough to throw them in the garden when we get home!

Oh Maza, I'm glad your DH could sort it. I live in fear of that happening!

I your you can get what you want from the charity shop later.

"Did everyone manage to see Sewing Bee last night? I really enjoyed it. There are a couple of people I've already taken a shine to and the odd one or two who I already find annoying! I did think the dress they had to make was a very tricky sew for the first week. No wonder some of them struggled". ... I loved it ... yes, a couple I really like, a couple I find very annoying and I thought that dress was really difficult! I loved some of the finished ones ... not my style though! I'd just look like a sack of potatoes!

6. Likes Maza liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Afternoon everyone .....we have had a very wet morning and have ended up getting wet twice today already, first on the school run when this downpour suddenly came from nowhere then again when we were outside in the garden, proper April showers!

After a year of lockdowns and zooms I am actually having my first training session tonight via zoom. I am a little apprehensive incase I don't follow the right etiquette . I was supposed to attend a zoom meeting during the summer but had to cancel due to a family emergency.

Hope you get things sorted for your MIL, it's very difficult when you are in the same country so I can only imagine how difficult it is when they are thousands of miles away.

Hope you enjoy your shopping Mouse. Sadly I am not quite ready to face a shopping trip which in itself makes me feel sad as I used to love a Saturday morning grabbing a coffee and having a browse round the city centre.
    Pixie Dust

8. Likes Maza liked this post