Good morning Tuesday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Tuesday

I’ve woken up with a blocked sinuses and a headache this morning. Typical when it’s one of my busiest days of the week. I’m sure it’s because of the changing weather we’ve had over the last few days. One minute I was out in the sunshine and the next it was snowing. My body’s confused by it all

I’m sure it’s been asked before, but what age children do you prefer looking after? Do you try to have similar ages or do you have a complete mix? I always used to like having the babies, but recently I’ve found I much prefer the 2 year olds and over. I’ve had a lot of enquiries lately and I’m trying to avoid any under 18 months old. It’s a while since I’ve had any younger than that and my set up isn’t geared towards them now. I don’t think I want to change things to allow for a baby.

Who watches the Great British Sewing Bee? It’s back on on Wednesday! It’s one of my favourite competition shows, so I’m looking forward to that.

Did anyone brave the shops yesterday? DD ventured into town and said it wasn’t as busy as she’d expected it to be. She said there were big queues for Primark and Debenhams, but not really anywhere else. She also went to Ikea in the evening, which I thought would be really busy, but she said it was so quiet in the car park, she wondered if it was closed! I want a few bits from there so I wish I’d taken my chances and gone last night!

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Morning!

We can't wait for the sewing bee tomorrow. The judges are just jolly and not about their own egos, unlike a lot of other shows. Lovely escapism.

I didn't go to the shops yesterday, but DH and DD had to go to Dunelm to collect a couple of bits for the bathroom. It wasn't overly busy, but the roads were.

This morning, we have painted some owls - I had cardboard cutouts left over from DD's Harry Potter birthday party a few years ago. It took mindee about three seconds before he was telling me he had finished. It's funny isn't it how you have some toddlers who will keep going until the paper gets so drenched in paint that it tears, and others who do the barest of bare minimums! We're just waiting for DD to finish the one that she is turning into a masterpiece and them we are off for a walk to the building site. We haven't been for over a week, so it will be interesting to see if we notice any progress.

DH managed to book my first and second jab this morning. I'm having my first this Friday evening and then my second on the 4th of July. He hasn't got a date for his second jab yet and he had his first one a while ago.

Age groups, mmmm, I don't think babies would be my favourite either. I like it when you can do a few meaty projects with them and read longer stories. I like it when they still need a nap in the day though! I definitely like similar ages, whatever the age.

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Morning!

I've taken today off, as had dental appt because dentist was worried at last appt about a root canal/surrounding tooth and gums. She had said she thought she might ( probably would ) need to remove it ..... I was in for less than 5 minutes! All the concerns have righted themselves! So I didn't need the day off!

It's DDs birthday, so I've got a cake to make and also a new mum to sign contracts! Luckily it's dry, so we'll sit outside!

I prefer children from 2 - 4 really, but if I don't take them younger, they don't often turn up at that age! My new babe is coming up 1.

A friend went to York yesterday and said it was busy, but OK. Again... biggest queues for Debenhams.

6. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I love the sewing bee too!

Babies used to be my favourite and way back when I used to be room lead in a baby room but now I actually prefer the older ones but come September I am going to mainly have 1 year olds again as I have new ones starting to replace those who are starting school. I am a little concerned as the last time I had a little one my wrist really started to play up with having to lift and carry them more.

Really hope DH gets back to work soon as he is struggling a bit now with having been home for so long, he is getting bored as he doesn't really have any hobbies. He does cook our evening meals which is great after a busy day but he keeps telling the children that they can't run outside as they will fall over or take the sand out of the sand tray I have to keep intervening ( if the weather is nice he will sit out on the adult only decking space while we are playing in the children's space )
    Pixie Dust

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Loocyloo, Happy birthday to your DD! Brilliant news about your tooth!

9. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Loocyloo, Happy birthday to your DD! Brilliant news about your tooth!
    Aw, thanks Maza.

Lol, Pixie ... met my new babe this morning ( last saw her in October ) .. almost one ... and quite a chunk! Gorgeous. Luckily, just about crawling, and is pulling to stand! She was quite happy to play with me so fingers crossed everything will be OK when she starts! But my arms and back do ache when I have a little one!

11. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I like 3 and 4 year olds. I love doing crafts with them and I find they engage with activities so much. Maybe I’m not very imaginative with the younger ones. We have been out the past two days and managed to catch the sunshine although it was snowing yesterday morning and a few flurries in the afternoon too.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Pixie dust that really made me laugh! I thought of you last night when my DH said that now he has finished the bathroom and that the weather is nicer, he might start sitting outside with his paper and coffee when I am in the garden with mindee. Noooooo!

14. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Pixie dust that really made me laugh! I thought of you last night when my DH said that now he has finished the bathroom and that the weather is nicer, he might start sitting outside with his paper and coffee when I am in the garden with mindee. Noooooo!
    Good luck!!
    Pixie Dust

16. Likes Maza liked this post