Good morning Wednesday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Wednesday

It’s typical, it’s my week off and the days are flying by! I had planned to get so much done, but the days are ticking by and it’s just not happening. I didn’t have anything major to do, but when I have time off and we’re not going away, I do like to feel like I’ve achieved something and it hasn’t been a waste of a week off!

How’s the weather where you are? Has it warmed up at all? Yesterday was freezing cold all day and we had several flurries of snow throughout the day, some of them quite heavy. I nipped out to the bin last night and it was icy cold. I thought it was a bit warmer today, but I heard the neighbour out earlier scraping their car, so I guess it isn’t!

Enjoy your days. Stay warm!

Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Morning!

I was quite productive yesterday ... not looking so good for today! We had loads of snow flurries yesterday!

I've just been up the hill to check out the tadpoles.... but the pond is all frozen round the edges/2-3-4 ft in. I couldn't see anything, so I hope the tadpoles are OK! But it's freezing out! Bright blue sky and sun but rather cold! Think I'm going to find a sunny spot inside and read!

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Ooh just read this post and saw about the tadpoles loocyloo. I wrote about my frogspawn on other post! Are you taking some home to watch turn into frogs?

Mouse holidays always whizz by as do weekends.Had new parents visit bank holiday Monday, glad it was only to fill contracts in after they returned all the other forms, so they were not here more than 20 minutes.That was enough on a bank holiday!

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Morning.

No snow today. It felt like really hostile snow yesterday rather than beautiful, magical snow. I think it's because it was accompanied by a biting wind.

I've been sorting out my arts and craft boxes. I tend to keep stuff in under the bed storage boxes. I had some order to it years ago but it has gradually all got mashed in together. I've binned some and have restored some order, but it is still all spread out in the spare room, so I really need to get back to it. I have got one more box to go through. I really want to start using up some of my odds and ends once and for all.

Yesterday I let DD cut my hair. She watched some videos on youtube and then I let her loose. She did a great job! I don't have the confidence or patience to do anything like that myself, but I'm definitely happy to have saved a few pounds whilst making DD's day!

6. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

WOW!
    That was brave Maza! I 'think' I would trust DD to cut mine, as it is long, and just needs a trim across the bottom, but I'd be worried that she'd cut it too short! Likewise - DDs hair is very long, and she won't let me trim it, even though I usually do my own!

No, Dragonfly, not collecting tadpoles to keep at home. I don't like to do that, as I've read it is not a good thing to do. ( plus it is as stressful as growing caterpillars!!!! ) Usually school have a tankful from the school pond that we watch, and also my neighbour has a pond, and usually a tankful that we check up on most days ( but until recently, we've not been allowed in gardens, so we've been trekking up the hill to the pond! It is not suitable for a buggy, and needs decent walkers! )

Good luck in using up your craft bits Maza I am sure that mine multiplies when I'm not watching !!! I've taken to having a box with random kits/bits in for my schoolies to use as they wish, and have been using other bits in playdough and just in my box of 'stuff to stick' ... I have a couple of little ones who just love glueing and sticking!

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I am ready for bed .... I have had a full house today and I am shattered! It has been a while since I have had 6 all day in the holidays and it was tough, same agin tomorrow. Luckily we have spent a lot of time outside.

Maza you were brave letting your daughter cut your hair. I can't wait to get mine done in couple of weeks, it is shoulder length and can be tied back out of the way.

Anyway time to sort tea out and then crash out on the sofa
    Pixie Dust

9. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, Maza. You are brave!

DH desperately needs a haircut. His hair has got so big and fluffy. He'd washed it the other day and it was even fluffier. I felt bad but I couldn't stop laughing!

11. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post