Good morning Tuesday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Tuesday

Who’s back at work today? I’ve got this week off and I’m enjoying the free time. I’m slowly ticking jobs off on my to-do list, but I’m also making sure I have some relaxation time as well.

Yesterday I started sorting one of my floor to ceiling cupboards. I’ve emptied everything out, binned lots, put stuff in bags for the charity shop and sorted everything else into boxes. Today’s job is to put it all back! I’m hoping it’ll be neat and tidy and I’ll be able to open the doors without half the stuff falling out!

What’s your weather like? After a glorious day on Sunday, it was freezing here yesterday. Apparently we had a very slight flurry of snow in the morning but I was still in bed and missed it. I went out at lunchtime to buy some storage boxes for the cupboard clearing and couldn’t believe how cold it was. It had been lovely and warm indoors with the sun shining through the window, so I was surprised at how cold it was outside. I’m glad I’m staying indoors today!

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I am back to work today after 11 days off so the alarm going off this morning was a bit of a shock to the system. I have a gentle start back though with just 3 little ones and 1 of my older school children, they all play well together. We went outside this morning, it was cold but they were happy running around. We had a few little snow flurries too.

Mouse good luck with sorting your cupboards out, I have a real problem with storage at the moment or should I say lack of storage. I currently have lots of my childminding stuff stashed away under the bed in the spare bedroom. I have car seats piled up in a corner as we don't go out in the car at the moment.

Keep warm everyone and on the bright side its a 4 day week if you are working
    Pixie Dust

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m working, one asleep, one having a rest. Had Friday and Monday off and it went oh so quickly, the days!

6. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We've had so much snow today and yesterday! It's so cold.

I've just ordered some storage boxes for one of my cupboards, but they won't come until next week and I probably won't feel like sorting it by then. I did start going through some craft boxes, trying to get some random order in those. I really want to use up some odds and ends. I've got the contents of two boxes in piles on the spare room floor, but then something came up and I had to leave it. I was on such a roll too!

Today, I went food shopping and I left DD in Pets at Home (next to my supermarket) with £10 to buy the dog anything she wanted. She hasn't set foot in a shop for months and she had an absolute ball.

I've got to walk the dog soon, but I HATE walking him when it's windy as he takes off after every leaf or bit of blossom that he sees blowing around.

8. Likes loocyloo, Pixie dust liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good afternoon!

It's my week off ... and after a lie in, I have been sorting through work stuff! getting my attendance register for next term ready, printing out everything I need for a new parent next week, stuff for LJs, planning for this term etc. Pretty much all done! I need to put away all my Easter bits ... but am going to wait till the weekend, as I'll take down my Easter Tree then, all all the Easter bits go in the same box.

I've got lots of plants sitting on the side in the utility room, that i was planning on planting out/putting in greenhouse this week ... but it is FREEZING! and we keep having snow flurries/blizzards so i'm not planting anything out!

I've got some sewing to do to make a blanket for 'my' new baby that arrived last week! and that's about it for today!

DD is grumping around because it is cold ( put some clothes on then! ) and she can't book the hairdressers next week .... because ... SHOCK HORROR ... she is at SCHOOL !!!! somehow that is my fault !!!!

10. Likes Pixie dust, Dragonfly liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m working. Only 2 today so a nice easy day. Went for a walk after lunch. It was freezing!! Quiet week this week but very busy next week.

12. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

It’s sunny and very cold here in the East.

Got some frog spawn last week from a friend who has a pond. It’s in a tank in the playroom.
    Waiting for the oxygenating pond weed to turn up from Amazon. Tried to get it from usual place ‘Pets are home ‘ but they only had the expensive plants.its in the in between stage now, not dots and not tadpoles little sort of lines that wiggle occasionally. Children are excited.

14. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

That's so exciting Dragonfly! I can still remember the one year we had in a classroom as kids. Things like that really stay with you.

I've been to three or four ponds this year and not found any. I knew all the places to get it from in my old place, but obviously haven't discovered the right places here.

16. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

oooo Dragonfly. The tadpoles at the pond I visit was like that ... mainly just tiny wiggly lines, and the odd tadpole with all the gills showing.

Maza - even though I knew this pond would have frogspawn, it took ages to find, as it was in a different place in the pond to where i've found it before! My friend said that none of the ponds round her way had any frogspawn ... apparently the newts eat it? My rotten cat does too! My neighbour takes a photo of him sitting by her pond just lapping it up ! BLUERGH!