Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Happy Easter!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Happy Easter!

Happy Easter everyone.

The sun is shining this morning and, even though it’s not as warm as it has been, we’ll still be having our family BBQ and Easter Egg hunt. I just need to go and hide the eggs and sweets in the garden

Our Easter Egg hunt has become a family tradition now. DH asked yesterday how many years I’d been doing it, but I couldn’t remember. I know DD was young when I started doing it as we had to have rules in place to stop her older brothers getting to everything first. She’s now 20! In all that time we’ve only had to do it indoors once when the weather was too bad. And last year they didn’t have as much as normal to find because we were just getting used to the first lockdown and I wasn’t going to any shops!

For those of you who go to church, how have you managed over Easter? Can services go ahead or are they still limited?

Enjoy your day, everyone. Here’s hoping this is the last Easter we ever have to spend in a lockdown!

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy Easter!

We were just reminiscing about past Easters. Some years we have photos of DD in shorts and vests and other years we are in our coats. Our funniest was the year the squirrels unwrapped a couple of DD's eggs and ate them, leaving the wrapping for us, and then was dragging the chocolate bunny (same size as them) across the lawn. We lived in a flat at the time and could see it all from the window. By the time I got there it had munched some of the rabbit's ears. DD was distraught and we had to really hide our giggles.

Last year she made some macrame egg holders so that we could hang the eggs from the trellis and trees - we couldn't scatter them over the grass as usual because of our puppy. It is a sweet time of year.

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Happy Easter.

we've just been for a long walk, and I collected a huge handful of wild garlic, and so my Lamb is now marinating in wild garlic, ready to be cooked in a few hours. Felt a bit mean to be talking about marinating my lamb lamb though, as we walked through a field of lambs !!!

All church services have been via zoom this year ( an improvement on last year, when we just had a service to read through on our own at home! ) Although I was at church yesterday with a few children, building the Easter Garden. We usually build it in church, but this year have built it in the church porch ( on a huge potting tray! ) IF it survives, we might continue to have one in the porch.

My aunts church ( in sussex ) have been having 'sing songs' outside in the churchyard, and some services with limited attendance/ticketed entry. Churches have been allowed to continue with services through out this last lockdown, but my church decided that with a largely elderly congregation, we were better shutting, although the church is open a couple of days a week for private prayer.

We were talking about Zoom services etc after church this morning ( on zoom! ) and thinking that actually, it may be a 'thing' that we continue to offer zoom as an addition to also being able to attend church. We have a parishioner who is currently in hospital, but they were able to join in with the service this morning, due to the wonder of zoom, rather than feeling isolated and alone.

6. Likes Maza liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope you all had a lovely Easter Sunday, the weather has been quite nice so I was able to go and have a garden visit with my dad and step mum which was lovely. DH surprised me with some Baileys luxe mini eggs this morning (haven't tried them yet so can't tell you if they are good or not) We enjoyed a lovely lamb roast followed by rhubarb crumble and cream.

I have just made my list of jobs to be done tomorrow which I am not too bothered about as we have a 70% chance of snow at the moment. Having been off for 11 days I now have to get ready to be back working Tuesday morning, so playroom needs a clean and tidy plus I have some new resources to put out. My time off went by so quickly but it was lovely to have a break. Next break will be in July when hopefully we will be going away for the week.

Time for a bit of a pamper I am off to chill in the bath.
    Pixie Dust

8. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Jan 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

hiya
    Happy Easter hun
    not been on for ages so just popped in and see if anyone is around
    xx

10. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post