Happy Good Friday!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Happy Good Friday!

Did anyone work today or has everyone had the day off?

I had my usual Friday morning lie in this morning then pottered round getting my jobs done. I tidied all the childminding stuff away yesterday so we're in family home mode until 12th April. This afternoon I've gone round the house with my notepad and made a list of all the jobs I want doing while I'm off next week. What's the betting they're all still on the list this time next week
    I did notice one of the local charity shops is opening up a couple of days next week for donations only. I'm tempted to get some sorting done early in the week so I can go and drop it off. I just wonder how busy it'll be if everyone's got the same idea!

What's everyone had/having for dinner this evening? We were going to have chicken, but I don't fancy it now. I'll probably have a sandwich, even though my son tells me that's an old person thing to do I don't quite know why, but he seems to think only old people have sandwiches for tea!

Have you all got nice plans for the Easter weekend? We're having a family Easter egg hunt and BBQ on Sunday so I hope the weather picks up again. It's been really cold today and DH reckons we're forecast snow on Monday!! I hope he's wrong!

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I went for a lovely walk with my dog, and I took my rucksack just in case someone was giving away freebies I came home with a lovely book which my mindee will love, and quite a big Barbie car! It's purple rather than pink so it isn't obviously a Barbie car. As soon as I walked in the front door, hubby called down the stairs "Did you find a box?" It's a family joke now! It will probably all stop once the charity shops open up again as people will just take them there.

I also cleared away the playroom yesterday and it looks lovely and big now. I really need to go through the toy cupboard though and put a load of stuff back in the garage.

We had a disgusting tea Mouse. I did a roast dinner, but I wanted to use up stuff from the back of the freezer. So, we had frozen roast potatoes which were tasteless and dry, and frozen brussel sprouts. I love sprouts and usually use fresh and cook them on the hob. These ones were microwavable though, and the timings on the packet were all wrong because they nearly made me gag. I don't know what I did to my cabbage because that was tasteless too. We did have a delicious millionaire cheese cake for pudding though. Did you enjoy your sandwich?

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

DD went for a walk with friends this morning, and whilst they walked, us mums sat and chatted for the 2 hrs in the sun! It was really nice to catch up. Usually we'd meet every couple of weeks at assorted concerts and rehearsals but we've not done so for a long time!

We've just had an Indian takeaway for tea, yum!

Ooo Mouse, I hope our charity shops open early for donations! I've also got a list of jobs to do over the next week! Equally thinking they'll probably still be on my list next week

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

I never thought I’d say it but I’ve missed charity shops for finding different resources!
    And our local art shop where I buy the bottles of children’s paints ( yes I know you can send off for it but I only want one bottle, White)

I’ve missed going for lunch with my best friend then mooching round the shops. Not necessarily buying anything. I’ve missed my adult children not visiting and staying over.

What’s the most you have missed during this crazy time?

5. Likes loocyloo, Pixie dust liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Me too, Dragonfly. I've missed a mooch around a charity shop.
    And sounds odd, but I've missed taking DD to her dance classes/competitions/rehearsals and sitting chatting to other dance parent's, plus the time sitting in car, just chatting to DD. She does chat at home, but she can't escape in the car

I've missed seeing family and spending time with my little niece and nephew. He's just turned 1 and I've only seen him once in person in all that time.

And lunches with friends!

7. Likes Dragonfly liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Morning! The weather has been pretty grey here and we are forecast snow for Monday/Tuesday. Nothing really planned at all DH decided to start painting our bedroom so the upstairs is upside down. I was supposed to have a cuppa in the garden with my mum but its a bit cold for her.

We are having a lamb roast tomorrow, thats about it ! We had fish yesterday as its a Good Friday tradition then a local baker had some spare Easter cheesecake slices so we snapped them up

Enjoy whatever you do today x
    Pixie Dust

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have missed charity shops the most.

There have been times when I would have liked to have gone swimming. I've missed being able to take DD for a hot chocolate or a milkshake when she needs a boost. I would have probably joined a slimming club or weight watchers by now too.

I absolutely cannot imagine not being able to see my own child/children, so my heart goes out to those of you who have been affected in that way.

I have enjoyed doing garden meetings with prospective parents and would like to stick to that. I've also found it really useful having online training instead of having to trek out in the evenings.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ve missed charity shops, being able to donate stuff as well as being able to look for random bits and bobs.

I’ve missed being able to see my family spontaneously. I have managed to see all of my children but it’s had to be planned in advance and limited to who/how many we can see each time. We regularly all go out for meals together and with the children’s partners, it’s a big group. The last time we went out for a meal was during the Eat Out To Help Out scheme and we were limited to 6 us at a time. It’ll be lovely when we can get everyone together again.

I’ve also missed DH going out to work!! It been over a year now that he’s been under my feet. Initially he wasn’t working at all then since split furlough/working came in he’s been doing 1 day a week. He loves it, but the novelty wore off for me very quickly. My heart sinks now every time they announce the furlough scheme has been extended

11. Likes loocyloo, Dragonfly liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh Mouse, that is hard.

Luckily DH has been going to work every day, i'd have gone crazy if he'd been home all the time, even if he was working! The thing i've missed is DH being away on work trips or club stuff, not loads, just the odd night or two, every few months! Just to have some time at home on my own!

13. Likes Dragonfly liked this post