Good afternoon Tuesday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good afternoon Tuesday

What a lovely day! The sun is shining and the children have been playing outside without their coats on.

We've come in for lunch now, then the 2 year olds will have a sleep while I do some crafts with the 3 year olds, then we'll go back into the garden for the rest of the afternoon. I love days like this when the house stays clean and toy free. It makes tidying up at the end of the day very easy! This morning the children have been washing the sit in cars - bowls of soapy water, brushes and sponges have kept them busy. They all had waterproof aprons on but still ended up soaking wet so I now have a line of little clothes drying in the sunshine

I was very excited yesterday when I saw an advert for The Great British Sewing Bee. It didn't say when it was going to be on, just that it was coming soon. That'll be something to add to my viewing list now that all the other 'competition' shows I usually watch have finished. I have seen a jewellery making competition advertised, but the trailers didn't really inspire me so I'm not planning on watching that. Tonight is my Holby night, but I don't think there's anything else on so I'll watch that and go to bed. I had a really late night last night so I'll probably be falling asleep by 6 o'clock! I'm too old for late nights now

Have good days everyone. Hopefully you're all enjoying some sunshine

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It is a lovely day here too. We were in the garden but mindee kept pushing his boundaries and so I said that if he does xyz again we would have to go inside and not play with the water. He did it straight away and so we had to come in. He's a sweet little thing and was just testing them in a healthy way. Fortunately, we had already been out for a while, so we didn't really miss out. Nap time now.

I'm currently watching 22 Kids and Counting. Anyone seen it? It's about the Radford Family - Britain's largest family. They are so sweet. I loved all the American shows about large families and so it's interesting to see a British one. DH can't stand anything like that.

We're going to drive out and go for a nice walk today when mindee has gone home and DD is back from school.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I was excited when I saw advert for sewing bee too!

We've played outside, watched the men with chainsaws in a cherry picker cutting down a tree, and found a caterpillar.. but we're not sure what it is! Doesn't quite match any online photo! 20210330_130127.jpg ( Dragonfly, can you help? )

We had a picnic lunch and are now inside doing craft! Before heading outside again.
    I love days like today!

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep, looks like an elephant hawk caterpillar. When it crawls along its face goes like a elephant trunk! They are lovely.

Lucky you loocyloo I would like one.Got our over wintered cocoon in the tower as it’s starting to wriggly a bit ‘lime hawk’
    Not as impressive as a elephant hawk!

6. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

And if I remember rightly it has pink in the wings when turns into a moth.

8. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Spent a lovely morning in the park. Had lunch. Finished off the Easter craft as the little one here won’t be here till after the Easter holidays. 3 after schoolers today so hope they want to go outside too. Enjoy the sunshine everyone

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Yep, looks like an elephant hawk caterpillar. When it crawls along its face goes like a elephant trunk! They are lovely.

Lucky you loocyloo I would like one.Got our over wintered cocoon in the tower as it’s starting to wriggly a bit ‘lime hawk’
    Not as impressive as a elephant hawk!
    Oooo thanks Dragonfly
    We put him back on the leaves where we found him. I'd love to keep him, but the stress of keeping them alive is too much for me!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I was just thinking that maybe Dragonfly would know what kind of a caterpillar it was!

12. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Quite easy to look after but you need a large container . I use a hexagon fish tank with soil at the bottom.. net at the top.They like fuchsias, eat a lot until they start changing.

14. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Quite easy to look after but you need a large container . I use a hexagon fish tank with soil at the bottom.. net at the top.They like fuchsias, eat a lot until they start changing.
    as I said ... too stressful!

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Ha,ha easier than children Loocyloo .

17. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02