It’s the weekend
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default It’s the weekend

We’ve got a lovely start to the day so I’m hoping we’re in for a good weekend.

I want to brighten up the garden a bit this weekend so I might head off to the garden centre. I still feel a little bit naughty about going. I know they’ve been open all through lockdown, but I’ve never really considered them essential, so haven’t been. Now I want to paint the mud kitchen a lighter colour and hang something nice from the fences and trees. I’m not sure what, but I’ll know it when I see it!

Is it today you’ve got your new family visiting Maza? Good luck if it is. I’ve had so many enquiries lately, but I’m as full as I want to be. I usually offer to pass the details on to other childminders, but I’ve even stopped doing that because everyone’s full and I feel bad offering to help then not being able to! Local nurseries have spaces, but not many childminders do.

I’ve already got my Saturday night TV viewing sorted. I’m going to catch up on last week’s Line of Duty then watch the new series of Keeping Faith. I really enjoyed the first 2 series and didn’t even know there was a third until I spotted it by chance. I don’t think I’ve seen it advertised at all. I’ve got a box of chocolates left from Mother’s Day so I’m going to put my feet up, watch TV and eat chocolates - a perfect Saturday night

Enjoy your weekend everyone.

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a lovely day Mouse. I have just got back from my jab so not planning anything just incase I feel a bit rough later so just pottering around. It's actually very breezy here even though the sun is out.

Maza hope your visit goes well.

Have a lovely weekend x
    Pixie Dust

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope you feel ok over the weekend Pixie dust. Have the paracetamol ready just in case and make sure you rest if you feel at all iffy with it xx

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope you are feeling ok Pixie dust.

Yesssss, today was the day the green, attachment parenting parents came to visit. Oh gosh, I just don't know. We didn't end up discussing nappies but I would bet money on them being reusable. Child has no processed food, mum doesn't even like her having bread or cheese. Child was trotting around the garden with dad but several times ran back to mum saying 'boobie' and so mum would breastfeed. She doesn't have a set sleeptime - when grandma has her she usually manages to get her to sleep by taking her for a walk in the pushchair. Mum mentioned how she hates plastic toys (I happened to have out a couple of wooden resources, but I have a fair amount of plastic too). I think conventional medicines are an issue too. I think they might have been a bit too opinionated (but very nice) for me to feel comfortable with them. I try not to judge other people's parenting styles too much - but I know they would be judging mine.

I'm quite interested to see what they say in terms of meeting up again - I left it very open as I always do - but as the day goes on, I'm thinking they might be too much for me.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh dear Maza, they do sound very full on!

It's fine for parents to be totally committed to their chosen parenting/life style, but I could only work with them if they realised and accepted that I had a different way of doing things.

The comment about hating plastic toys would have irked me. I do have mainly non-plastic toys and I don't have any V-Tech type electronic toys, but I certainly wouldn't say I hate them. Sometimes plastic options are best, so I don't think you can rule out a whole category of toys because you hate plastic! What if you provided the most incredible activity ever, but you used plastic toys? Would mum be critical of it or see it for what it is - a fab opportunity for her child?

It'll be interesting to see what they say next.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Oh dear Maza, they do sound very full on!

It's fine for parents to be totally committed to their chosen parenting/life style, but I could only work with them if they realised and accepted that I had a different way of doing things.

The comment about hating plastic toys would have irked me. I do have mainly non-plastic toys and I don't have any V-Tech type electronic toys, but I certainly wouldn't say I hate them. Sometimes plastic options are best, so I don't think you can rule out a whole category of toys because you hate plastic! What if you provided the most incredible activity ever, but you used plastic toys? Would mum be critical of it or see it for what it is - a fab opportunity for her child?

It'll be interesting to see what they say next.

They sent me a text saying saying it was lovely to meet me and I will 'receive and email over the weekend'. Sounds like they have more questions to ask/points to raise. I'm hoping they do and then it gives me the chance to say that I can't meet their needs. On reflection, they were very judgmental and opinionated and the child had no routine whatsoever.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good morning.

Hope you are feeling ok Pixie

Oh, Maza, that sounds like it could be a lot of hard work. Lack of routine would be an issue for me. I don't mind if the routine doesn't match mine ( i can bring it round ) but no routine, and only sleeping when going for a walk sounds difficult. And no processed food is one thing ... but bread?

I prefer wooden and natural toys, but have a fair few plastic toys, and especially for in the garden! my large washing basket full of megabloks is adored outside, and we can leave 'sculpture' out and not worry about it, and what about buckets and spades, or footballs to name just a couple of other toys? I do also have a few of those pesky electronic noisy plastic toys. We don't have them out much, but the children love them, and one child learnt the alphabet from it!

Good luck on receiving that email. sounds like maybe you can't meet their needs!

have a nice day everyone, its cloudy and overcast here, but i'm going for a walk later regardless! i need to escape everyone in my house!

8. Likes Maza liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I hope you feel ok over the weekend Pixie dust. Have the paracetamol ready just in case and make sure you rest if you feel at all iffy with it xx
    I lost yesterday due to my covid jab .....I went to bed fine Saturday night then woke up the early hours of Sunday morning with a horrendous headache and I was incredibly thirsty! So Sunday I spent mostly sleeping but by late afternoon I felt a lot brighter and today just about back to normal.

Thanks to everyone that asked I am feeling a lot better now
    Pixie Dust

10. Likes Mouse, loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad you’re feeling better pixie dust