Good morning Thursday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Thursday

The sun is shining already today so it looks like it's going to be a lovely day. It's still cold, but I can cope with that when they sun is out and the sky is blue

I've got a quiet day today with a late start and an early finish. One of the children currently likes playing with the cars, but all he does is slide them across the floor and under the sofa. I spend half my day dragging them all back out again! This morning I've cut an arch out of the side of a big cardboard box and I'm hoping he'll use that as a garage to brum them all in to. I was going to get him to paint it, but then realised it would be too wet for him to use, so I'll let him decorate it with stickers instead. I'll let you know how it goes!

Is everyone looking forward to Monday and the first easing of lockdown restrictions? Hopefully people will be sensible and it'll be the first step towards getting back to some sort of normal. We're planning a family BBQ for Easter weekend, as I would imagine a lot of people are. I saw BBQs were selling out quickly at our local B&Q One of our sons lives alone, so has been in our bubble all along, but another son lives with his girlfriend and we haven't seen much of them at all. It'll be lovely to have everyone together again. I'm planning ahead and ordering food to put in the freezer. Our BBQs are normally very spur of the moment on a hot weekend and I usually find the shops are sold out of BBQ food because everyone else has had the same idea!

Enjoy your days, whatever you're up to

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I hadn't realised that Monday would be the start of the easing of restrictions. I can't remember what we will be allowed to do.

Yesterday, I had some communication with a mum - the mum who does attachment parenting that I posted about. She sounds lovely, but wants to hang around during the settling in period until her child is confident to leave her before she leaves the child. I explained that whilst I truly support a gradual settling in process, due to covid I am limited in what I can allow in terms of adults at my setting. I haven't heard from her today.

Today, my mindee is busy transporting all the little eggs around and then he wants to go to the building site. The building site - just across the road from us, but out of sight - has been a godsend. We go several times a week, sometimes just for a quick 10 minutes or sometimes we make a morning of it and go to the woods at the back of it. Mindee loves diggers/dumpers etc and so he really gets a buzz out of going there. I'll be sad when all the houses being built are finished.

We finished our murder mystery game last night. It has been such fun!

Have a lovely day everyone.

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Morning! After a lovely sunny day yesterday, we're back to cold and overcast!

We've got some Easter sticking to do, other than that, we're still very heavily into the trains and sitting in the huge box, which, remarkably is still in one piece!

I'm not sure what we'll be doing different when restrictions lift .... all our family are toooo far away to see without staying over!

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi everyone

I'm not sure what we'll be doing different when restrictions lift .... all our family are toooo far away to see without staying over!
    We are basically in the same situation apart from my mum who lives nearby , the only thing that will be different for us is that I can meet up with 2 friends at the same time instead of one at a time. I honestly think that a lot of people in our area are doing their own thing anyway as we have seen big family groups meeting up and we live next to a park which has been so busy the last few days.

DH has a new BBQ stashed away in his shed but I think it will be a while before we get to try it out.

We have had a lovely morning in the garden playing with the tea set, the children made a picnic for the toys.
    Pixie Dust

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We’ve had a nice few days weather wise and took the two little ones out each day. Made the days go so quickly. We have had two classes in different years closed and children isolating. One yr4 that I look after and my grandsons yr1 class. Also heard today that the after school club is closed till after Easter and another possible case in yr2. Just as things were beginning to feel normal again!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Gosh Sylvia, that must be a stark reminder that we are still in the middle of a pandemic - like you say, just when you think things are heading towards normal.

Was it you who mentioned the shortage of cat food?

9. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE]Was it you who mentioned the shortage of cat food?/QUOTE]

I was thinking about that the other day as I had an email from Pets at home saying due to a national shortage of wet cat/dog food they will be limiting the number of purchases per person.
    Pixie Dust

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Pixie dust;1440830]
    Was it you who mentioned the shortage of cat food?/QUOTE]

I was thinking about that the other day as I had an email from Pets at home saying due to a national shortage of wet cat/dog food they will be limiting the number of purchases per person.
    Oh my goodness! I had no idea. Why is there a shortage?

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes it was me. Actually my cat had been very poorly. Took him to the vets last Thursday and didn’t think I’d see him again. But after a 2 night stay, fluid drips, blood tests and ultra sound they think he has IBS so he is on expensive wet cat food that nobody wants to pay for so we dont have a shortage apart from the fact that he is now eating £15 worth in 2 days😳. So the shortage is in my bank balance and not his bowl. Good job I love him. Sainsbury’s informed me there was a shortage and Waitrose have hardly anything on the shelves

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh gosh Sylvia, that must have been awful for you. That's very expensive though.
    Glad he's feeling better. x

14. Likes SYLVIA liked this post