Good morning Wednesday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Wednesday

We're half way through the week already. Some weeks just drag by but others speed by - this is one of the speedy ones!

The weather this week has been overcast in the morning but brightening up nicely in the afternoon. We've changed our day round - indoor activities in the morning then out into the garden once the sun comes out. I'm hoping we can do the same again today as it's really suiting the children. None of them have an afternoon nap now so we don't need to be indoors.

Yesterday we had fun with clear water beads in the water table. I don't know if you've ever tried it, but you can't see them when they're in water and the children are fascinated by them 'disappearing'! I'm always a bit wary using water beads, but none of the current children are the sort to put things in their mouths and I watch them like a hawk!

Today we're going to plant some grass seeds in pots so we can make fairy/dinosaur gardens. It's a spur of the moment activity so I'm not sure how it'll work out! I've had the grass seeds for years so I'm hoping they'll grow. Once we've (hopefully) got some pots of grass we'll add bits...I haven't decided what, but I'll have time to plan that part

Has anyone been watching Interior Design Masters? I thought it was on at the weekend so was surprised when I was flicking channels last night and saw the final was on! I've recorded it to watch this evening. I've quite enjoyed the episodes I've seen but I don't think I'd want any of them designing a space for me!

Pixie dust, did you watch Holby last night? I thought it was a bit of an anti-climax after all these months! I don't know what I expected to happen, but I think I was hoping for more.

Enjoy your days everyone. I hope you get some sun, where ever you are!

Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Afternoon!

We went for a walk to a local pond. It's one of those places that you just can't get to with a buggy, and it's a bit of a trek up hill ( I know a pond up a hill! ) but we went today. We saw lots of frogs 'splashing and playing' and so much frogspawn! What was a bit yuck was the amount of leeches ( I presume ) having a snack on the frogspawn and a dead mouse stuck to it! I tried to flick it off, but it was stuck the whole side of the pond was solid with frogspawn! Hoping to make it a weekly walk to check out frogspawn etc .

I've got some water beads in a bag in my fridge! They've been there months! I rinsed them in Milton before I stored them, so I'll get them out, give them a wash and see what they are like! I prefer to play with them outside as I find they bounce really well on my floor otherwise!

Good luck with the grass seed! We planted some ( loads ) 4 weeks ago in pots. My seed was a couple of years old ... it has grown, but very sparcely despite soil being covered in seed! We found it's grown a bit better when we sort of mixed it all around in the soil ( we're growing it in an inch deep tray )

DD was watching design masters and I saw the odd one ... odd I think describes it overall. Not sure I liked much of what was done!

I was going to suggest we played out after lunch, but 2 are asleep and the other 2 are happy in the sensory tray, spooning and pouring coloured rice/chicks/sequins into plastic eggs and egg cups!

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

20210324_131954.jpg

Oooooo think I've attached a photo of my 4 week old grass!

4. Likes Mouse liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Evening everyone !

Mouse yes I did watch Holby, I wasn't sure what to make of the ending to be honest ! I do think they dragged the story out.

I love the grass growing idea, that's something else to add to my list to do... I love the photo you have shared Loocyloo.

I am counting down to Friday as I am off next week and can't wait to have a few days to recharge my battery.
    Pixie Dust

6. Likes loocyloo liked this post